Habenaria sp? 230810-PKA3

Prashant awale

Aug 23, 2010, 10:17:13 AM8/23/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this Habenaria sp. at Kalsubai.

Date/Time: 22-08-2010 / 2:30PM

Location: Kalsubai

Habitat: Wild

Plant habit: Herb

regards
Prashant
IMG_0512.jpg
IMG_0515.jpg
IMG_0516.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg
IMG_0574.jpg
IMG_0575.jpg
IMG_0576.jpg
IMG_0578.jpg

sachin dangat

Aug 23, 2010, 10:32:25 AM8/23/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thanks for sharing nice pictures.
this is Habenaria pachganensis

tanay bose

Aug 23, 2010, 4:22:11 PM8/23/10
to sachin dangat, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Habenaria pachganensis indeed posted couple of days ago
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 23, 2010, 4:24:43 PM8/23/10
to efloraofindia
I didnt reply this post yet because I have full doubts that this is
not Habenaria panchaganensis. Midlobe of the lip is too broad. The
lateral sepals needs to be check if it is bipartite.
Regards
Pankaj

On Aug 24, 1:22 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Habenaria pachganensis indeed posted couple of days ago
> Tanay
>

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 8:02 PM, sachin dangat <schndan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for sharing nice pictures.
> > this is *Habenaria pachganensis*

J.M. Garg

Oct 2, 2010, 2:46:36 AM10/2/10
to efloraofindia, sachin dangat, tanay bose, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Thanks for sharing nice pictures.
this is Habenaria pachganensis”

“Habenaria pachganensis indeed posted couple of days ago
Tanay”

“I didnt reply this post yet because I have full doubts that this is

not Habenaria panchaganensis. Midlobe of the lip is too broad. The
lateral sepals needs to be check if it is bipartite.
Regards
Pankaj”

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

IMG_0512.jpg
IMG_0515.jpg
IMG_0516.jpg
IMG_0517.jpg
IMG_0570.jpg
IMG_0574.jpg
IMG_0575.jpg
IMG_0576.jpg
IMG_0578.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 2, 2010, 2:49:28 AM10/2/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, sachin dangat, tanay bose
Habenaria panchaganensis
I had a discussion with Dinesh sir and other friends and realized that
there are lot of variation in this and at times I think they can be
differentiated into a distinct species or variety.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology