Sesamum indicum subsp. malabaricum (Burm.) Bedigian :: Waghbil, Thane, Maharashtra :: Jul 25, 2010 · 10:37 AM IST

Dinesh Valke

May 29, 2023, 6:15:26 AM5/29/23
to efloraofindia
Sesamum indicum subsp. malabaricum (Burm.) Bedigian
Waghbil, Thane, Maharashtra :: Jul 25, 2010 · 10:37 AM IST :: about 3 m (10 ft) asl

Sesamum indicum subsp. malabaricum (Burm.) Bedigian
Sesamum indicum subsp. malabaricum (Burm.) Bedigian
Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 4, 2023, 6:50:48 AM6/4/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, DineshValke
POWO does not accept this as a subspecies.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jun 4, 2023, 7:13:16 AM6/4/23
to eFloraofIndia
Thanks, Garg ji. It is possible that POWO does not accept OR may be it is yet to update.
The author of this taxon, Bedigian , himself has insisted on incorporating the taxon into iNaturalist database, and has suggested the ID in many of my observations; for one such instance - Sesamum indicum subsp. malabaricum (Burm.) Bedigian, for your reference where he has quoted his white papers ...

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 4, 2023, 7:32:23 AM6/4/23
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
I find no reason for POWO to accept this, although I think it is mentioned in their references.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 4, 2023, 11:15:51 AM6/4/23
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
Pl. see detailed discussions at post at Sesamum indicum subsp. malabaricum in FOI
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Jun 4, 2023, 12:06:26 PM6/4/23
to eFloraofIndia
Garg ji, I understand the discussion.
As a plain naturalist, I cannot disagree with a taxon author at iNaturalist.
Adding this post to eFI database at species level, will be self-explanatory,

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Jun 4, 2023, 12:26:07 PM6/4/23