SK 3591 29 July 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 29, 2022, 4:00:31 AM7/29/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Members,

Location: Manang, Nepal
Altitude:  4000m.
Habit : Wild
Meconopsis simplicifolia (D.Don) Walp. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_9298.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 29, 2022, 4:01:18 AM7/29/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_9299.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 29, 2022, 9:03:04 PM7/29/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Beautiful images.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 30, 2022, 1:41:43 AM7/30/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Aug 2, 2022, 1:44:05 AM8/2/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

It looks different as there are many flowers on the scape.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 5, 2022, 2:16:37 AM8/5/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC_9298.JPG
DSC_9299 rs.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 5, 2022, 10:43:11 AM8/5/22
to Paul Egan, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Paul ji

On Fri, 5 Aug 2022 at 20:08, Paul Egan <ega...@tcd.ie> wrote:
Dear All,

Thank you forwarding these pictures. I believe they are of Meconopsis pinnatifolia, see here a similar specimen growing a little east in the Ganesh Himal, central Nepal: The Meconopsis Group - (themecgroupadmin.org)

However, I am not sure how far west the plant grows, so it is nice to see a record from Manang district.

Best regards,
Paul Egan

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 10, 2022, 5:30:45 AM8/10/22
to J.M. Garg, Paul Egan, efloraofindia

Thank you Dr. Egan !

Saroj Kasaju

Eapsa

Sep 22, 2023, 4:02:14 AM9/22/23
to eFloraofIndia
The plant photo could be of Meconopsis pinnatifolia but the flower colour as that appears on the Meconopsis Group is more purplish (with more towards red).
I have read that Meconopsis species show flower colour polymorphism but not all species.
It would be good to know whether Meconopsis pinnatifolia has colour variability or not.

Regards.
Eapsa

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 22, 2023, 4:07:22 AM9/22/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, eaps...@gmail.com, J.M. Garg, Paul Egan

Thank you Eapsa. Maybe Dr. Egan can throw some lights on this matter !

Saroj Kasaju