Rubiacea species of Kachchh, Gujarat ??????????

Rohit Patel

Sep 7, 2010, 3:48:39 AM9/7/10
to indiantreepix, Flowers of India, Dr. Pankaj Kumar ............................, pankaj kumar sahani, DHIREN PANIA, hitisha patel

Sep 7, 2010, 3:59:30 AM9/7/10
to Rohit Patel, indiantreepix, Flowers of India, Dr. Pankaj Kumar ............................, pankaj kumar sahani, DHIREN PANIA, hitisha patel
Spermacoce pusilla from Rubiaceae. MAKA in Marathi माका
Dr Phadke

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Sep 7, 2010, 5:55:39 AM9/7/10
to efloraofindia
I don't know yet any plant called as Maka, Marathi माका, other than
Eclipta alba.
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.

On Sep 7, 12:59 pm, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Spermacoce pusilla* from Rubiaceae. MAKA in Marathi माका
> Dr Phadke
> > E-mail (2):-rohitpatel_...@yahoo.com
> > Mo.:- 09724337687
>
> > --
> > ROHITKUMAR M.PATEL
> > Asst. Project cordinator
> > (Grassland development)
> > AHKC unit,Sahjeevan
> > 175, Jalaram Society,
> > Vijay Nagar
> > Bhuj Kachchh-  370001
> > Gujarat, India
> >www.sahjeevan.org
> > E-mail (2):-rohitpatel_...@yahoo.com
> > Mo.:- 09724337687- Hide quoted text -

Dinesh Valke

Sep 7, 2010, 6:08:14 AM9/7/10
to Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
... me too am skeptical about the name maka ... any reference possible Satish ji ? OR somebody may please validate.
Could compile following names ... tiny false buttonweed • Hindi: सफेद फूली safed phooli • Marathi: तारकादळ OR तारकादल tarakadal • Telugu: చుక్కకాడ tsukka-kada.

Regards.

Satish Phadke

Sep 7, 2010, 9:57:01 AM9/7/10
to Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
Sorry I was under the wrong impression that it is Maka. In fact Eclipta belonging to family Asteraceae is the true Maka which was in my mind. Anyway this herb does look like Spermacoce pusilla isn't it?

Dinesh Valke

Sep 7, 2010, 10:48:32 AM9/7/10
to Satish Phadke, Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
Satish ji ... to me it looks rather Spermacoce ocymoides.
Comments needed for ID.

Regards.

Vijayasankar

Sep 7, 2010, 11:28:56 AM9/7/10
to Dinesh Valke, Satish Phadke, Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
I agree with Satish ji's id: Spermacoce pusilla, owing to its narrow oblong leaves. S. ocymoides will have broad ovate-elliptic leaves and more number of flowers per inflorescence.

With regards

Vijayasankar

Dinesh Valke

Sep 7, 2010, 11:32:37 AM9/7/10
to Vijayasankar, Satish Phadke, Dr. Arvind Kadus, efloraofindia
... thank you Vijayasankar ji for correcting my ID.
Regards.