For ID 100810 ET

1 view

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 10, 2010, 12:56:26 PM8/10/10
to indiantreepix
Friends
I took this flower pictures on the way to Bhojwasa from Gangotri
Date/Time-7.7.10 ----12.11 p.m.
Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- --- on the way to Bhojwasa from Gangotri
Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- ----wild
Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- plant
Height/Length- -----Around 1 me
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size -------as seen in the picture
Inflorescence Type/ Size-
Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-
Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-
Please give ID
With Warm Regards,

E.Thiruvengadam
Mobile 09987886892
Chembur, Mumbai - 400074

IMG_1100.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG

Neil Soares

Aug 10, 2010, 1:23:48 PM8/10/10
to indiantreepix, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Hi Mr. Thiruvengadam,
  It looks like a Leea sp.
              Regards,
                Neil Soares.

tanay bose

Aug 10, 2010, 8:13:23 PM8/10/10
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
I too think Leea but not sure about the species
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Dinesh Valke

Aug 10, 2010, 10:30:41 PM8/10/10
to tanay bose, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
... it could be the Kashmir False Spirea, Sorbaria tomentosa.
Some views at my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/search/?s=int&w=91314344%40N00&q=Sorbaria+tomentosa&m=text
Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 10, 2010, 10:56:13 PM8/10/10
to Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Dinesh ji
You may be right.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Aug 11, 2010, 12:31:08 AM8/11/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
You are simply a genious Dinesh ji
Tanay

Dinesh Valke

Aug 11, 2010, 1:45:06 AM8/11/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Dear Tanay ... just remembered a plant that I saw at Manali ... had thought of being it to be Sambucus ... but dear Tabish corrected me.
However, must wait for comments for validating the plant posted by Thiru ji.

Regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 11, 2010, 2:14:56 AM8/11/10
to Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Dinesh ji
Tabish ji is right and so are you. Stipules can be clearly seen (not in Sambucus), as also free carpels and numerous stamens can be judged, although not in focus. Also you won't find woody Sambucus at those heights. Also Leea is a plant of mainly subtropical regions.