Ixora for ID : 190611 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 19, 2011, 1:22:57 AM6/19/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Maharashtra Nature Park, Mumbai on the 6th of April, 2011.
Had a mild fragrance.....Lokhandi?
Aarti
DSCN1782.JPG

Mahadeswara

Jun 19, 2011, 7:31:34 AM6/19/11
to efloraofindia
Pavetta species.
>  DSCN1782.JPG
> 135KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Jun 19, 2011, 11:58:00 PM6/19/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
... could it be garden cultivar of Ixora coccinea OR chinensis OR javanica ?
Regards.
Dinesh

H S

Jun 20, 2011, 2:02:57 AM6/20/11
to Dinesh Valke, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Please check with Ixora pavetta or Ixora parviflora

but surely not I. coccinea or I. chinensis

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 21, 2011, 1:01:59 AM6/21/11
to H S, Dinesh Valke, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Ixora parviflora is synonym of I. pavetta
It can't be I. pavetta as the crolla tube is much longer here
It could be be I. polyantha or I. finlaysoniana

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

H S

Jun 21, 2011, 2:28:04 AM6/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Hello,
I guess Ixora parviflora Vahl is synonym of I. pavetta and not I.
parviflora Lamk. and it very much exist in gardens of Mumbai.

Ixora polyantha is very much distinct than rest of the Ixora in flower
character.

but really its tuff to identify this kind of plant with photographs.

regards,

On 6/21/11, Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ixora parviflora is synonym of I. pavetta
> It can't be I. pavetta as the crolla tube is much longer here
> It could be be I. polyantha or I. finlaysoniana
>
> https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/5be012e0e5a1c755/26e21e2323e2ba38?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Ixora+polyantha#26e21e2323e2ba38
>
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired Associate Professor
> Phone: 011-25518297 Mob: 9810359089

> http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/<http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/>

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2011, 3:48:32 AM9/18/11
to efloraofindia, rajde...@gmail.com, satishp...@gmail.com, swee...@gmail.com, nudra...@gmail.com, nitesh...@gmail.com, drneil...@yahoo.com, shubhada...@yahoo.co.in, rautn...@gmail.com, hems...@gmail.com, abhi_...@hotmail.com, drhmp...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh, M Swamy

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Pavetta species.” from Mahadeswara ji.

“Please check with Ixora pavetta or Ixora parviflora

but surely not I. coccinea or I. chinensis

regards,--
 - H.S.”

“Ixora parviflora is synonym of I. pavetta

It can't be I. pavetta as the crolla tube is much longer here
It could be be I. polyantha or I. finlaysoniana

https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/5be012e0e5a1c755/26e21e2323e2ba38?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Ixora+polyantha#26e21e2323e2ba38” from Singh ji.

"I guess Ixora parviflora Vahl is synonym of I. pavetta and not I. parviflora Lamk. and it very much exist in gardens of Mumbai. Ixora polyantha is very much distinct than rest of the Ixora in flower character. but really its tuff to identify this kind of plant with photographs." from HS ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species)

DSCN1782.JPG

JM Garg

Aug 7, 2022, 5:56:20 AM8/7/22
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I think close to images at Ixora finlaysoniana Wall. ex G.Don

Aug 8, 2022, 3:17:45 AM8/8/22
to JM Garg, efloraofindia
Thanks Garg Ji.
Regards,