PLANT FOR ID 109 SMP JUN 09 Lahaul- Spiti

15 views
Skip to first unread message

satish phadke

unread,
Jul 29, 2009, 10:10:42 AM7/29/09
to indiantreepix Indian
This small Fabaceae family member was observed flowering at many places in Lahaul Spiti valley in Jun 2009
?Asragalus species?

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
109 DSCN1243 Astragalus.jpg
109 DSCN1582s.jpg
109DSCN1064.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Aug 14, 2009, 5:27:26 AM8/14/09
to indiantreepix, satish phadke

Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.



--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en

109 DSCN1243 Astragalus.jpg
109 DSCN1582s.jpg
109DSCN1064.jpg

J.M. Garg

unread,
Aug 25, 2009, 12:51:45 PM8/25/09
to indiantreepix, satish phadke

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>
Date: 2009/7/29
Subject: [indiantreepix:15058] PLANT FOR ID 109 SMP JUN 09 Lahaul- Spiti
To: indiantreepix Indian <indian...@googlegroups.com>


109 DSCN1243 Astragalus.jpg
109 DSCN1582s.jpg
109DSCN1064.jpg

Tabish

unread,
Aug 25, 2009, 1:42:46 PM8/25/09
to indiantreepix
I think the first one is different from the other two plants.
The first one could be Oxytropis microphylla, which is distinguished
by its tiny leaflets up to 8 mm long. Also the calyx is supposed to be
hairy with glandular swellings. I presume what is visible, on the
calyx of the unopened flowers, are glandular swellings.
However, I would like somebody to validate my guess.
- Tabish

On Aug 25, 9:51 pm, "J.M. Garg" <jmga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: satish phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com>
> Date: 2009/7/29
> Subject: [indiantreepix:15058] PLANT FOR ID 109 SMP JUN 09 Lahaul- Spiti
> To: indiantreepix Indian <indian...@googlegroups.com>
>
> This small Fabaceae family member was observed flowering at many places in
> Lahaul Spiti valley in Jun 2009
> ?Asragalus species?
>
> --
>
> http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
>
> --
> With regards,
> J.M.Garg (jmga...@gmail.com)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jmgarg1
> 'Creating awareness of Indian Flora & Fauna'
> Image Resource of thousands of my images of Birds, Butterflies, Flora etc.
> (arranged alphabetically & place-wise):http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg
> For learning about Indian Flora, visit/ join Google e-group- Indiantreepix:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix?hl=en
>
>
>
>  109 DSCN1243 Astragalus.jpg
> 170KViewDownload
>
>  109 DSCN1582s.jpg
> 177KViewDownload
>
>  109DSCN1064.jpg
> 172KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 5:52:22 AM8/26/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Tabish ji, you are right about Oxytropis microphylla. Small leaflets, large
pink flowers, hairy calyx and glandular swellings are clearly visible and
distinctive.

Gurcharan Singh

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Aug 26, 2009, 5:59:37 AM8/26/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
The other two photographs could belong to Oxytropis mollis, common in Lahul
and with purple flowers fading to bluish and long peduncle.



Gurcharan Singh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tabish" <tab...@gmail.com>
To: "indiantreepix" <indian...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 11:12 PM

Satish Phadke

unread,
Oct 25, 2011, 10:22:22 AM10/25/11
to indiantreepix Indian
Forwarding again considereing the recent posts from Prashant Awale

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 7:40 PM
Subject: PLANT FOR ID 109 SMP JUN 09 Lahaul- Spiti
To: indiantreepix Indian <indian...@googlegroups.com>





--
Dr Satish Phadke

109 DSCN1243 Astragalus.jpg
109 DSCN1582s.jpg
109DSCN1064.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Oct 25, 2011, 10:48:55 AM10/25/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix Indian
First one http://www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/Small%20Leaved%20Locoweed.html


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

Satish Phadke

unread,
Oct 27, 2011, 11:47:40 PM10/27/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix Indian
Thanks..
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages