¿ male flowers of Phoenix sylvestris ?

Dinesh Valke

Jan 6, 2009, 9:45:28 AM1/6/09
to Indian Tree Pix

Hello friends,

Attached 2 photos of Phoenix sylvestris
Would these be the "male" flowers ?

Regards.

3169270447.jpg
3169279503.jpg

satish phadke

Jan 6, 2009, 10:37:13 AM1/6/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
This is supposed to be one of the native palms of India
Called as Shindi in Marathi.
I have seen children eating its fruits obtained by throwing stones on it.
Its good that Pune corporation(Maharashtra) is replanting few of the remaining trees on the newly constructed road dividers.
Satish

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

J.M. Garg

Jan 6, 2009, 9:01:44 PM1/6/09
to satish phadke, Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix
Hi, Dinesh ji.
I think you are right. Pl. see my attached picture of Male & female flowers.
From Indiantreepix Database:
Phoenix sylvestris Arecaceae Wild Date Palm/ Silver or Sugar Date Palm/ Khajoor/ Salma/ Sendhi  Flowering at Narendrapur near Kolkata on 2/2/08- Male & female flowers are on separate trees- J.M.Garg.

Trees of Delhi- Flowers in March-April. Phoenix sylvestris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Phoenix sylvestris- Wild Date Palm/ Silver or Sugar Date Palm/ Khajoor/ Salma/ Sendhi - indiantreepix | Google Groups

2009/1/6 satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>

Wild Date Palm (Phoenix sylvestris) female flowers at Narendrapur I IMG_4056.jpg
Wild Date Palm (Phoenix sylvestris) male flowers at Narendrapur I IMG_4059.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jan 6, 2009, 10:10:25 PM1/6/09
to J.M. Garg, satish phadke, Indian Tree Pix
Thank you very much for validating, Garg ji.
Thanks to Satish, too for the nativity information.
Regards.

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 7:31 AM, J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Dinesh ji.
I think you are right. Pl. see my attached picture of Male & female flowers.
From Indiantreepix Database:

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com