France, July 2022 :: Tree for ID :: ARK2022-098

Alka Khare

Aug 29, 2022, 1:43:20 AM8/29/22
to eFloraofIndia
Hello friends

This was clicked in the Palace gardens, Versailles, France in July 2022.
Requested to please ID.

The fruits (or so I thought) have a very peculiar shape.

Apologies for the quality of the pics.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
IMG_8521.JPG

Alka Khare

Aug 29, 2022, 1:45:41 AM8/29/22
to eFloraofIndia
Some more pics follow
IMG_8519.JPG
IMG_8520.JPG

Alka Khare

Aug 29, 2022, 1:46:57 AM8/29/22
to eFloraofIndia
I am sorry for the wrong orientation of the pics attached.
I tried multiple times, but cannot get it right.

Regards
Alka Khare

IMG_8518.JPG
IMG_8519 - Copy.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 29, 2022, 8:42:14 PM8/29/22
to efloraofindia, Alka
Thanks, Alka ji,
I see the orientation correctly in Gmail.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 2, 2022, 12:46:32 AM9/2/22
to efloraofindia, Alka

Fruits can be seen.

Any idea about the family or genus?

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG_8519.JPG
IMG_8520.JPG
IMG_8521 rs.JPG

Alka Khare

Sep 2, 2022, 9:08:57 AM9/2/22
to eFloraofIndia
I think it is some Staphylea species. But could not narrow down to the species level.

Regards
Alka Khare

Alka Khare

Sep 2, 2022, 9:11:10 AM9/2/22
to eFloraofIndia
Actually I was surfing FoI website for some names and I stumbled upon this fruit pic there, so my assumption.

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Sep 2, 2022, 9:55:45 AM9/2/22
to efloraofindia, Alka
Thanks, Alka ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2022, 5:48:44 AM9/5/22
to efloraofindia, Alka

Alka Khare

Sep 21, 2022, 2:27:24 AM9/21/22
to eFloraofIndia
Yes Garg ji, It does resemble Staphylea colchica but cannot be conclusively decided.

Regards
Alka Khare