Tabebuia pallida?

J.M. Garg

May 3, 2009, 11:33:13 PM5/3/09
to indiantreepix
In Sanjeevaiah Park, Hyderabad, AP on 21/3/09.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tabebuia pallida fruit is it- in Hyderabad I IMG_7041.jpg
Tabebuia pallida is it- in Hyderabad I IMG_7039.jpg
Tabebuia pallida is it- in Hyderabad I IMG_7042.jpg
Tabebuia pallida is it- in Hyderabad I IMG_7043.jpg

ajinkya gadave

May 4, 2009, 12:21:42 AM5/4/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
hi this is not Tabebuia pallida  this is Tabebuia rosia
This is some pics of  Tabebuia pallida which i found in our pune city and its help you
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantscape/2340863192/
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantscape/2340863998/in/set-72157617635849394/
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/plantscape/2340863192/in/set-72157617635849394/

J.M. Garg

May 4, 2009, 5:09:28 AM5/4/09
to ajinkya gadave, indiantreepix
Thanks, Ajinkaya ji.
On visiting archives of Indiantreepix, I was quite a confused lot as are the species of Tabebuia genus.
I think my species may be close to earlier Indiantreepix thread (which seems to be T. heterophylla (Cuban Pink Tabebuia): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/7fa37cddeed3c7bf/700b5f26a3e17269?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=Tabebuia+pallida#700b5f26a3e17269 & http://toptropicals.com/html/toptropicals/catalog/photo_db/T.htm?NumPerPage=20&NumPerLine=4&listonly=0&first=20 (pix from TopTropical)

Can anybody on this forum clarify the differences (or the keys) between confusing species Tabebuia rosea, T. heterophylla & T. rosea?

J.M. Garg

May 6, 2009, 2:56:23 AM5/6/09
to ajinkya gadave, indiantreepix
May anybody clarify the differences (or the keys) between
confusing species Tabebuia rosea, T. heterophylla & T. rosea alongwith correct identification of the posted plant?

J.M. Garg

JM Garg