403 ID wild tree

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 1:14:45 PM12/27/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, very rare, looks like Strychnos, kind regards, Sam.
Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 27DEC2022, 02.30pm

Habitat: wild moisture, canopy

Plant habit: tree overgrown, erect branches, branchlets, hard woody stem 70 inches base circumference, rough brown lite-flaked bark

Height: 10 meters

Leaves: alternate, elliptic, acute, simple glossy, smooth upper epidermis, lite bitter taste, size upto:13×7cm

Flower: axillary micro spike racemose multiple, clustered, diameter:03.5mm, greenish yellow, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20221227142611_IMG_5268.JPG
20221227_225815.jpg
20221227142439_IMG_5265.JPG
20221227142813_IMG_5272.JPG
20221227142957_IMG_5274.JPG
20221227143149_IMG_5277.JPG
20221227141657_IMG_5253.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 1:18:21 PM12/27/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images.
20221227143547_IMG_5282.JPG
20221227143420_IMG_5280.JPG
20221227144139_IMG_5292.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 1:22:14 PM12/27/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221227143741_IMG_5284.JPG
20221227144845_IMG_5304.JPG
20221227145415_IMG_5313.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 1:30:09 PM12/27/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20221227144654_IMG_5300.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 1:35:00 PM12/27/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20221227144944_IMG_5307.JPG
20221227145104_IMG_5311.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 1:37:26 PM12/27/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20221227144925_IMG_5306.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 1:40:07 PM12/27/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20221227145538_IMG_5315.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 1:44:19 PM12/27/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20221227145718_IMG_5319.JPG
20221227145629_IMG_5317.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 27, 2022, 6:03:32 PM12/27/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu
This appears to be Flacourtia montana as per
https://powo.science.kew.org/taxon/urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:111663-1

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 10:29:21 PM12/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes it is very close to Flacourtia montana, dear Garg ji, thank you very much for ID my plant dear Garg ji.  I observed that the stamen of all flowers divided into 06, lengthy and thin than kew image.  And my tree is not thorny.
I think it is dioecious, and female.
With kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 10:31:36 PM12/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Please check screen shot, KEW image let.
Kind regards, Sam.
20221228_083126.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 27, 2022, 10:44:11 PM12/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
A correction:  stamen corrected to 'stigma'.
Kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Dec 28, 2022, 12:38:51 AM12/28/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Dec 28, 2022, 6:40:53 AM12/28/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Ok dear Garg ji.
Thank you very much for sharing ID link with me.  Local people confirmed the fruit image at KEW.  They used tender fruits to making pickle and ripened for eating.  I can't confirm the ID with images at efi because I didn't see male inflorescence.
With kind regards, Sam.