large size jasmine for id

ajinkya gadave

May 29, 2010, 10:39:38 AM5/29/10
to Indian Trees
Hello friends,
Please help me for identification of this large size jasmine .I found this jasmine one of the nursery at Gujarat nurserymen also don't know proper name of this jasmine

thank you very much
ajinkya gadave
pune
919890202042
jasmine.jpg

Rashida Atthar

May 29, 2010, 10:43:52 AM5/29/10
to ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Perhaps the big mogras locally called something like madanbal?

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

May 29, 2010, 10:58:07 AM5/29/10
to Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
I hope this is Jasminum sambac " Japanese Rai"
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

May 29, 2010, 11:02:01 AM5/29/10
to Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
I think Jasminum sambac 'Grand Duke of Tuscany'

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Kenneth Greby

May 29, 2010, 11:35:37 AM5/29/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Agreed.

Regards--
Ken.

May 29, 2010, 11:44:27 AM5/29/10
to Kenneth Greby, tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Thanks Kenneth for validation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

mani nair

May 29, 2010, 11:48:59 AM5/29/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Kenneth Greby, tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
We call here as button mogra.

Regards,
Mani.

Madhuri Pejaver

May 31, 2010, 9:57:23 AM5/31/10
to ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
as somebody had written Button Mogra in Marathi
madhuri

Jun 1, 2010, 7:29:39 AM6/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
I suport Prof. G. Sing's identity.
Promila

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jun 1, 2010, 2:21:11 PM6/1/10
to promila chaturvedi, Gurcharan Singh, Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
are the two names synonymous, or worse is it the chakkar of old name vs. new name?
ak

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 1, 2010, 2:30:08 PM6/1/10
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, promila chaturvedi, Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Anand ji
Rather strange situation. Both are cultivar names, and for their recognition they have to be registered with a particular group for that taxon, so that same cultivar can't get more than one name.
  This is interesting Research Project for Tanay.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jun 2, 2010, 12:25:18 AM6/2/10
to Gurcharan Singh, promila chaturvedi, Rashida Atthar, ajinkya gadave, Indian Trees
Thanks.
ak