Plant for ID 18

1 view

kaysat tiwari

Sep 22, 2008, 2:07:02 PM9/22/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
May I requst for help in ID please.
Satyendra

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader
H.NO 139, P.O.Tala, Distt Umariya.
M.P. India 484-661
00-91-7627-265309 or 09425331209
Plant for ID 18_DSC5137 copy.jpg

nabha meghani

Sep 24, 2008, 6:02:38 AM9/24/08
to kaysat tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
hallo Satyendra ji,
to me it looks like Anemone nemorosa (buschwindröschen in german) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anemone_nemorosa
we find this flower in spring in woody areas under the trees, near watery places. In may they bloom like carpets, sometimes mixed with unother spring flower Lesser celandine, (Ranunculus ficaria, syn. Ficaria grandiflora (Scharbockskraut in german) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lesser_celandine. It is a pleasure to watch these flowers blooming after a long and cold rainy or snowi grounds.

regards
nalini

Oct 14, 2008, 12:00:36 PM10/14/08
to nabha meghani, kaysat tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
To me it appears like Hibiscus lobatus (Lahan Jaswand). Pl. see my pictures also, though Id is still to be confirmed. See the details at http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=200013708 & http://www.aluka.org/action/showMetadata?doi=10.5555/AL.AP.FLORA.FZ799&pgs= & drawing at http://www.aluka.org/action/showMetadata?doi=10.5555/AL.AP.SPECIMEN.K000240630&pgs

For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Landscape pictures etc., visit http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Hibiscus lobatus (Lahan Jaswand) in Hyderabad, AP I2 IMG_9075.jpg
Hibiscus lobatus (Lahan Jaswand) in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_9075.jpg
Hibiscus lobatus (Lahan Jaswand) in Hyderabad, AP Im IMG_9080.jpg
Hibiscus lobatus (Lahan Jaswand) in Hyderabad, AP Im IMG_9081.jpg