511 ID wild tree

192 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
10.12.2023 klo 11.05.3510.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraofindia
Please ID wild tree, kind regards, Sam.

Location: bloomed near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Kerala INDIA

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 04DEC2023, 05.10pm

Habitat: wild moisture evergreen misty sloppy canopied alpine

Plant habit: tree overgrown, erect branches, rusty branchlets, hard woody cylindrical stem 50 inches base circumference, rough puffed lite brown bark

Height: 15 meters

Leaves: alternate elliptic acute simple rough, size upto: 12×5cm, rusty petioles

Flower: axillary/terminal panicle inflorescence, diameter:20mm, purplish, fragrant, rusty peduncle

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20231204171158_IMG_6387.JPG
20231204171433_IMG_6392.JPG
20231204171414_IMG_6391.JPG
20231204171534_IMG_6394.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
10.12.2023 klo 11.09.1410.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204171628_IMG_6397.JPG
20231204171611_IMG_6396.JPG
20231204171802_IMG_6401.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
10.12.2023 klo 11.11.5810.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204173433_IMG_6412.JPG
20231204173343_IMG_6410.JPG
20231204173257_IMG_6409.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
10.12.2023 klo 11.16.3210.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204181302_IMG_6450.JPG
20231204172336_IMG_6408.JPG
20231204164049_IMG_6379.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
10.12.2023 klo 11.20.0610.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraofindia
Sharing more images including one resident
20231204171855_IMG_6402.JPG
20231204170900_IMG_6384.JPG
20231204172140_IMG_6404.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
10.12.2023 klo 11.22.1410.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204173557_IMG_6414.JPG
20231204172202_IMG_6405.JPG
20231204181315_IMG_6451.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
10.12.2023 klo 11.23.2810.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20231204181411_IMG_6454.JPG
20231204181138_IMG_6445.JPG

vip...@gmail.com

lukematon,
12.12.2023 klo 12.12.2612.12.2023
vastaanottaja indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

My first impression is Malvaceae. Probably Julostylis angustifolia (Arn.) Thwaites.

Best wishes, Viplav

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
12.12.2023 klo 13.35.5712.12.2023
vastaanottaja vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Viplav ji,
Yes, it is very close to J. angustifolia, thank you very much for ID my plant.  I think it may be J. polyandra which is reported from Western Ghats, with kind regards, Sam.

vip...@gmail.com

lukematon,
13.12.2023 klo 7.32.4813.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg

As per the attached key, your photographs correspond with Julostylis angustifolia (Arn.) Thwaites. It is the only species of Julostylis that has lanceolate leaves. It was reported from Idukki district in 1985.

Attached are the line drawings of the three species of Julostylis from the book 'Malvaceae of Southern Peninsular India: A Taxonomic Monograph' by V. V. Sivarajan & A. K. Pradeep, 1996. Also attached is a distribution map from an earlier paper by the cited authors, the publication details are mentioned in the file name.

Best wishes, Viplav
01_Julostylis_key_to_the_species_p149_p150.jpg
02_Julostylis angustifolia_p153.jpg
03_Julostylis polyandra_p155.jpg
04_Julostylis ampumalensis_p151.jpg
05_Julostylis_distinguishing_characters_p157.jpg
06_Julostylis_distribution_map_A revision of the genus Julostylis_AK Pradeep_and_VV Sivarajan_Botanical Bulletin of Academia Sinica_vol_34_no_3_July 1993.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

lukematon,
13.12.2023 klo 9.10.4913.12.2023
vastaanottaja vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Great dear Viplav ji.
Yes, it is Julostylis angustifolia.  Thank you very much for sharing detailed information and identification of my plant with comparison chart of all Julostylis sps.
With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

lukematon,
14.12.2023 klo 4.12.5214.12.2023
vastaanottaja vip...@gmail.com, efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
You are a genius, Viplav ji.
Thanks a lot, for helping us so much and making our life so easy.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Mandru Ramesh Chowdary

lukematon,
17.12.2023 klo 9.25.4017.12.2023
vastaanottaja efloraindia, vip...@gmail.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Very nice of you viplav sir  for making it easy

Thank you

Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä