Jawhar near Nashik, MH :: Small plant for ID :: ARK2021-086

Alka Khare

Oct 2, 2021, 1:21:12 AM10/2/21
to efloraofindia
Hello friends

This was clicked at Jawhar near Nashik, MH in July 2021.

There was a suggestion that this is Celosia argentea.
Requested to please ID.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare

Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar3.JPEG
Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar2.JPEG
Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar1.JPEG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 2, 2021, 5:08:04 AM10/2/21
to efloraindia, Alka, J.M. Garg
Please check Amaranthus !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 7, 2021, 12:30:39 PM10/7/21
to efloraofindia, Alka
I think it looks different from images at Celosia argentea var. argentea
Amaranthus is possible as suggested by Saroj ji.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar3.JPEG
Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar2.JPEG
Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar1.JPEG

J.M. Garg

Oct 9, 2021, 4:59:37 AM10/9/21
to efloraofindia, Alka
Leaves are more round at the tips thus much closer to Digera muricata subsp. muricata. Hard to say exact species merely on leaves.

Kind regards,
Varun
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar3.JPEG
Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar2.JPEG
Celosia argentea var. argentea_Jawhar1.JPEG

Alka Khare

Oct 9, 2021, 5:29:16 AM10/9/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Garg ji for the possible ID. I agree, it is difficult to ID based on only leaves.

Regards
Alka Khare

Satish N. Pardeshi

Nov 1, 2021, 1:44:19 AM11/1/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Alka
Hello All,

Cerosia argentia shows variable leaves, shape and size, especially the lower leaves are much different that the upper leaves. thi is most probably Cerlsia argentea

Regards,

Satish N. Pardeshi
--
EACH ONE.... PLANT ONE...