Tree for ID : San Francisco : 12SEP21 : AK - 013

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 12, 2021, 3:30:11 AMSep 12
to efloraofindia
Tree seen in San Francisco.
Is it Eriobotrya japonica?
Aarti
P1290507.JPG
P1290508.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 16, 2021, 3:27:44 AMSep 16
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
I think looks different from images at Eriobotrya japonica

With regards,
J.M.Garg
P1290507.JPG
P1290508.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 16, 2021, 3:55:22 AMSep 16
to Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Alastair Ji,
Thanks for your feedback and the information.
Should we think of Eriobotrya japonica then?
Regards,
Aarti

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021, 13:16 Alastair Culham, <a.cu...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:

I think E. japonica is a very variable species, sensitive to growing conditions.  It’s the only widely cultivated Eriobotrya other than E. deflexa, and I don’t think it is that.

Kind regards,

Alastair

Aarti S. Khale

Sep 16, 2021, 5:16:08 AMSep 16
to Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you Alastair Ji.
Regards,
Aarti

On Thu, 16 Sep 2021, 13:27 Alastair Culham, <a.cu...@reading.ac.uk> wrote:

It is slightly odd for E. japonica but my view is that E. japonica is the most likely species so I would record it as that.