Common Foxtail Orchid

Neil Soares

Jun 20, 2010, 12:32:03 PM6/20/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Was at my farm at Shahapur today. The Common Foxtail Orchid [Rhynchostylis retusa] has just started flowering.The others also currently flowering are the Banded Button Orchid [Acampe praemorsa] and Aerides maculosum.
  Sending a few photographs of the C.Foxtail Orchid.
                         With regards,
                           Neil Soares.

Common Foxtail Orchid [Rhynchostylis retusa] 1.jpg
Common Foxtail Orchid [Rhynchostylis retusa] 2.jpg
Common Foxtail Orchid [Rhynchostylis retusa] 3.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 20, 2010, 12:42:55 PM6/20/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Neil Ji,
You are the next person like Yazdy ji who has a great biodiversity in his own farm. Why don't you open a eco-farm for people to see it and learn especially for school and college student, a great botanical excursion site!!
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Vijayadas D

Jun 21, 2010, 12:14:13 AM6/21/10
to tanay bose, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
It is common in Kulathupuzha forest range, Kollam, Kerala - on Teek trees  .
Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy
Salwa Garden Village, PB -7210
Riyadh -11462 , KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

mani nair

Jun 21, 2010, 12:24:41 AM6/21/10
to Vijayadas D, tanay bose, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I agree with Tanayji,  you should start an eco farm so that school and college students, and people like us can visit and see various trees, plants, butterflies, moths etc. in your farm.

Padmini Raghavan

Jun 21, 2010, 1:45:29 PM6/21/10
to tanay bose, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Never mind the school students!
Let Efora teams come to learn.
That would be delightful and truly appreciated.
Padmini Raghavan.