Datura for ID : 080410-AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 8, 2010, 1:36:16 AM4/8/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Found growing in the wild at the roadside at Nasik, Maharashtra.
Pictures taken during different dates sometime in September,09.
Aarti
DSCN8586.JPG
DSCN9035.JPG
DSCN9034.JPG
DSCN9040.JPG
DSCN9041.JPG
DSCN9424.JPG
DSCN9133.JPG
DSCN9135.JPG

tanay bose

Apr 8, 2010, 7:50:24 AM4/8/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Arati Ji,,
I hope this plant is Datura metel L. ( Syn:
Datura fastuosa L) from the family Solanaceae.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 8, 2010, 8:01:54 AM4/8/10
to tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Tanay
You are right

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Apr 8, 2010, 8:03:14 AM4/8/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sir
Tanay

Swagat

Apr 10, 2010, 9:29:08 AM4/10/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

'Datura metel L. ( Syn: Datura fastuosa L)' is called 'Kala Dhotra' 'काळा धोत्रा' / 'Jambhala Dhotra' 'जांभळा धोत्रा'  in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979