Cosmos bipinnatus

Rajesh Sachdev

Mar 3, 2010, 2:04:52 AM3/3/10
to wildflowerindia, efloraindia, india-nature-pixs
Name of Species:  Cosmos bipinnatus
Common Name:  Sonkusum (marathi)
Family: Astraceae
Conservation status: NA
Photographed: 26th Jan., 2010
Location: Sinhagad Road, Pune (Maharashtra)
Habitat Type : Roadside (Sahyadri)
Camera: OLYMPUS SP570UZ
Lens: OLYMPUS ED LENS AF ZOOM 4.6 - 92 mm, 1:2.8 - 4.6
Flowering: October- January.

--
Regards
Rajesh Sachdev

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 3, 2010, 2:24:30 AM3/3/10
to Rajesh Sachdev, wildflowerindia, efloraindia, india-nature-pixs
Rajesh ji
Kindly try to upload a photograph with leaves for species identification. I have never seen yellow heads in C. bipinnatus. Such yellow heads usually belong to C. sulphureus.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Mar 18, 2010, 2:41:44 AM3/18/10
to efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Kindly try to upload a photograph with leaves for species identification. I have never seen yellow heads in C. bipinnatus. Such yellow heads usually belong to C. sulphureus.

--

Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

P1260107 copy.jpg

R. Vijayasankar

Mar 18, 2010, 12:46:49 PM3/18/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh
Looks like Bidens species. http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/e/ef/Bidens_flwr.jpg
R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

J.M. Garg

Apr 15, 2010, 7:45:26 AM4/15/10
to efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev, Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar Raman
Earlier relevant feedback:
“Kindly try to upload a photograph with leaves for species identification. I have never seen yellow heads in C. bipinnatus. Such yellow heads usually belong to C. sulphureus.
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

"Looks like Bidens species. http://www.knowledgerush.com/wiki_image/e/ef/Bidens_flwr.jpg" from Vijayasankar ji.

Apr 15, 2010, 9:22:57 AM4/15/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev, Vijayasankar Raman

tanay bose

Apr 15, 2010, 9:57:08 AM4/15/10
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear Gurcharan Ji ,
i am also sure about this plant being Cosmos sulphureus !!!
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

R. Vijayasankar

Apr 15, 2010, 5:55:29 PM4/15/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Rajesh Sachdev
Thanks Gurcharan ji, for the id.