TQ-Manipur11 Unid herb from Manipur

Tabish

Apr 21, 2021, 9:14:17 AM4/21/21
to efloraofindia
Dear all,
   We found this herb growing near a waterfall in Manipur, altitude around 800-1000 m. It was flowering in early April. Any clue to its identity will be welcome!
  Thanks in advance
   Tabish
TQ-Manipur11a.jpg
TQ-Manipur11b.jpg
TQ-Manipur11c.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Apr 21, 2021, 1:14:11 PM4/21/21
to efloraofindia
Check with Boraginaceae members locally Tabish Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 04/21/21, 10:43:04 PM

Tabish

Apr 21, 2021, 11:22:38 PM4/21/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks for the Boraginaceae suggestion. One more picture, closeup of the flowers, to supplement.
   Tabish
TQ-Manipur11d.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 26, 2021, 6:29:22 AM4/26/21
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I think may be from Solanaceae.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajitno...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2021, 2:50:11 AM4/27/21
to efloraofindia
This is most likely Tournefortia of Boraginaceae, as Paradesi ji indicated.
The species id is complicated - the three most suitable candidates are -
1) T. candollii  2) T. viridiflora and 3) T. roxburghii of Flora of British India.

I think it is the first one, because 1) longer corolla .... and no.3 above is from Bangladesh.
But
What would be present accepted id? Check the following URLs, if you please -
Surajit Koley

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 27, 2021, 3:10:43 AM4/27/21
to efloraindia
Tournefortia pubescens Hook.fil. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Tabish

Apr 27, 2021, 6:55:19 AM4/27/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Surajit,
   Tournefortia montana (Syn: Tournefortia candollei) seems to be a good candidate to me.
   Tabish

surajit koley

Apr 28, 2021, 1:21:31 AM4/28/21
to efloraofindia
And thank you too, Tabish ji, for introducing us to novel species from the North-East.

Best regards,
Surajit Koley

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/0d0adf25-a8f6-41a9-8c01-b4378be39942n%40googlegroups.com.