¿ Briza media ?

Dinesh Valke

Aug 8, 2009, 2:27:39 PM8/8/09
to Indian Tree Pix
Hello friends,

... flowers of grass ... one of my flickr contact suggested it to be possibly Briza media ... ID please.

Place: Phirojshah Nagar, Mumbai
Date: 23 SEP 09

Regards.
2725070354_a1bae3c9c6_b.jpg
1426232155_5ba00b1d6e_b.jpg
2725068782_8c8e875bf9_b.jpg

devendra bhardwaj

Aug 8, 2009, 9:37:10 PM8/8/09
to Dinesh Valke, Indian Tree Pix

hello sir,

      It is Briza confirm but Is it minor or media It is a confusion.

Regd

Devendra

Devendra Bhardwaj

Aug 8, 2009, 9:30:30 PM8/8/09
to Indian Tree Pix, Dinesh Valke
Devendra

--- On Sat, 8/8/09, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local

Dinesh Valke

Aug 9, 2009, 7:45:59 AM8/9/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Indian Tree Pix
... many thanks for validating the genus, Devendra ji.
Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Aug 14, 2009, 10:08:13 AM8/14/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, grassman, Indian Tree Pix
... resurfacing this post -- ¿ Briza minor OR Briza media ?

Pardeshi S.

Aug 17, 2009, 2:18:07 AM8/17/09
to indiantreepix
Hello
Dinesh ji Please check it with Eragrostis unioloides ?.
it is commonly called Sita-chi-pohe.

regards

Dinesh Valke wrote:
> ... resurfacing this post -- ¿ *Briza minor* OR *Briza media* ?
> Regards.
>

> On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ... many thanks for validating the genus, Devendra ji.
> > Regards.
> >

> > On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Devendra Bhardwaj <
> > devendra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >> hello sir,
> >> It is Briza confirm but Is it minor or media It is a confusion.
> >> Regd
> >> Devendra

Dinesh Valke

Aug 17, 2009, 3:40:34 AM8/17/09
to Pardeshi S., indiantreepix
Satish ji, I searched for image results of Eragrostis unioloides on Google ... got only few results.
I chose one of them at http://content10.eol.org/content/2009/04/21/01/46887_large.jpg to compare with what I have posted.
I am re-attaching a cropped version of my original photo.

Please check my concern: in my photo I see the stallk of flower to be circular, while that on the net shows scars all along the stalk.

Regards.
2725068782_2b9cf3e1dc_o.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Aug 17, 2009, 4:50:35 AM8/17/09
to satish pardeshi, Indian Tree Pix
Thank you very very much for the ID, Satish ji.
It was long pending for me.
Regards.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 1:52 PM, satish pardeshi <satishp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Dinesh Ji
the stalk is circular in both the cases,  the scars is formed by the dried falling spikelets.

regards
Satish Pardeshi