Please confirm ID: CROTALARIA LABURNIFOLIA: 160310-AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Mar 16, 2010, 3:26:21 AM3/16/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Date/Time : 24th of October, 2008....1.29 pm
Location Place : SHRIL,Kodaikanal ... Altitude : 2100 meters ... GPS
Habitat : Garden ... Type : cultivated
Plant Habit : Shrub ... Height : about 5-7 feet tall ... Length :
Leaves Type :  ... Shape : as seen ... Size
Inflorescence Type :  ... Size
Flowers Size : about 1 inch ... Colour : Yellow ... Calyx :  ... Bracts
Fruits Type :  ... Shape :  ... Size :  ... Seeds : did not see

Other Info :
Fragrance : did not smell...  Pollinator :  ...  Uses

Thanks,
Aarti

Crotalaria laburnifolia,Queensland bird-flower-DSCN6827.JPG
DSCN6825.JPG

Kenneth Greby

Mar 16, 2010, 3:36:47 AM3/16/10
to Aarti S. Khale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Looks somewhat similar to C. agatiflora, though foliage here seems more green and flowers more yellow than I'm used to in C. agatiflora.

I am not familiar with other species in this genus, and I'll defer to others with more expertise here.

Regards--
Ken.

Mar 30, 2010, 6:14:56 AM3/30/10
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Kenneth Greby, TANAY BOSE, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID
Earlier feedback:

Kenneth..............................Looks somewhat similar to C. agatiflora, though foliage here seems more green and flowers more yellow than I'm used to in C. agatiflora.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Crotalaria laburnifolia,Queensland bird-flower-DSCN6827.JPG
DSCN6825.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 1, 2010, 3:03:28 AM5/1/10
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Kenneth Greby, Dr. Santhosh Kumar, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi

Resurfacing again for ID
Earlier feedback:

Kenneth..............................Looks somewhat similar to C. agatiflora, though foliage here seems more green and flowers more yellow than I'm used to in C. agatiflora.

Crotalaria laburnifolia,Queensland bird-flower-DSCN6827.JPG
DSCN6825.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 20, 2017, 12:51:36 AM2/20/17
to efloraofindia, J.M. Garg, Muthu Karthick
Garg Ji,
Adding one more picture I could find and some cropped portions of the same.
Hope it is helpful in deciding the right id.
Aarti
Crotalaria-Kodaikanal-P1050406.JPG
Crotalaria-Kodaikanal-P1050406-Cropped.JPG
Crotalaria-Kodaikanal-P1050406-Cropped-2.JPG

J.M. Garg

Feb 20, 2017, 8:25:56 AM2/20/17
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks,  Aarti ji

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 4, 2017, 3:35:58 AM4/4/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Garg Ji,
What has this Crotalaria been identified as finally?

Crotolaria agathiflora ssp. engleri?

Aarti

J.M. Garg

Aarti S. Khale

Apr 12, 2017, 10:00:03 AM4/12/17
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick
Thanks Garg Ji
Regards,
Aarti