Lindernia??

Prashant awale

Aug 9, 2009, 9:20:15 AM8/9/09
to indiantreepix
Hi,
This small herb looks like "Lindernia Sp". Could this be Lindernia roundifolia??
(Photographed today morning in a grass field in Mumbai).

best wishes
Prashant.
DSC00053-C.JPG
DSC00054-c.JPG
DSC00055.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Aug 9, 2009, 9:31:40 AM8/9/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
... possibly Lindernia parviflora.
Regards.

Prashant awale

Aug 9, 2009, 9:43:12 AM8/9/09
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Thanks Dinesh, I checked up with ISC mumbai data base, here is the link..

http://iscmumbai.maharashtra.gov.in/Fig%20645-659.htm

best wishes
Prashant..

Dinesh Valke

Aug 9, 2009, 9:58:50 AM8/9/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
... I referenced this ID fom the same link !!!

Dinesh Valke

Aug 12, 2009, 11:27:01 AM8/12/09
to Prashant awale, satish pardeshi, indiantreepix
Satish ji, do you think this to be L. rotundifolia ? query based on shape of leaves.

satish phadke

Aug 12, 2009, 1:47:27 PM8/12/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Beautiful flowers.
Can't comment because......not much experience in this genus. May be the query is for Satish Pardeshi ji
Dr Phadke
2009/8/9 Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

sibdas

Aug 12, 2009, 2:08:24 PM8/12/09
to indiantreepix
More likely L.parviflora than rotundifolia. Is it not an aquatic
plant?

On Aug 12, 10:47 pm, satish phadke <phadke.sat...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Beautiful flowers.
> Can't comment because......not much experience in this genus. May be the
> query is for Satish Pardeshi ji
> Dr Phadke
> 2009/8/9 Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com>
>
> > Hi,
> > This small herb looks like "Lindernia Sp". Could this be *Lindernia
> > roundifolia?*?

Pardeshi S.

Aug 13, 2009, 1:54:02 AM8/13/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all
I have identified this plant as L. parviflora based on its venation
pattern and calyx being divided to base. this identification was based
on Cooke flora, Almeida, Flora of Maharashtra, BSI Flora of
Maharashtra. i am quiet sure about its identification. right now i
have no literature about L. rotundifolia hence cant cross check now.

i have uploaded about 1050 plant species pics on this website which i
identified and prepared an electronic herbarium and digital database
when i was a project fellow on UGC project Electronic Herbarium. this
subject was also my Ph.D topic.
Ithis website also has a list of plants in Institute of Science,
Mumbai.

http://iscmumbai.maharashtra.gov.in/Floristic Survey

if you find any incorrect ids. please let me know.
any suggestion/ remarks is highly appreciated.

regards
Satish Pardeshi
Taxonomist Consultant
CDAC, Pune

Prashant awale

Aug 13, 2009, 8:22:44 AM8/13/09
to Pardeshi S., indiantreepix
Dear Satish Ji,
Thanks for your reply. In fact i have been reffering to the link mentioned by you very regularly (http://iscmumbai.maharashtra.gov.in/Floristic Survey). I did not know that it is you who has come out with this Electronic Herbarium . Great job done.
best wishes
Prashant..

Tabish

Jan 16, 2022, 7:43:55 AM1/16/22
to efloraofindia
These images do not agree with the images of Lindernia parviflora at
The flower-stalks and the sepals are more prominent features to notice.
This should be Lindernia tamilnadensis, known from Tamilnadu, Maharashtra and Gujarat. Have a look at the attached papers. This species was described in 2014. Yet again Prashant and Dinesh pre-empted the discoverers by 5 years!
  Tabish
Lindernia tamilnadensis-phytotaxa.162.1.6.pdf
Lindernia tamilnadensis2.pdf

JM Garg

Jan 16, 2022, 8:01:46 AM1/16/22
to Prashant awale, efloraofindia, Tabish, satish pardeshi
DSC00053-C.JPG
DSC00054-c.JPG
DSC00055.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jan 16, 2022, 8:02:44 AM1/16/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish, satish pardeshi, Prashant awale

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Lindernia tamilnadensis-phytotaxa.162.1.6.pdf
Lindernia tamilnadensis2.pdf

J.M. Garg

Jan 19, 2022, 7:28:08 AM1/19/22
to efloraofindia, Tabish, Prashant awale, DineshValke, satish pardeshi
Thanks, Tabish ji, for id as Lindernia tamilnadensis

With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC00053-C.JPG
DSC00054-c.JPG