Pseudobombax ellipticum

Rashida Atthar

Jul 29, 2010, 10:21:42 AM7/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
According to Dr. Almeida who identified this tree, this is the only Pseudobombax ellipticum in Mumbai also called shaving brush tree, flowers are seen in Trees of Delhi book. Saw this palmate leaved tree on 18 July, '10 at Rani baug.

regards,
Rashida.
Pseudobombax ellipticum.JPG
Pseudobombax palmate leaves closeup.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 29, 2010, 10:44:07 AM7/29/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashida ji
Here are flowers from Delhi to complete your display. The flowers of this deciduous tree appear in April before the leaves appear.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pseudobombax-ellipticum-Delhi-a.jpg
Pseudobombax-ellipticum-Delhi-b.jpg
Pseudobombax-ellipticum-Delhi-c.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Jul 29, 2010, 10:48:56 AM7/29/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Great Sir ! Beautiful shots, thank you so much for sharing these. I hope I can see the flowering next season in Mumbai !

regards,
Rashida.

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 29, 2010, 11:09:43 AM7/29/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashida ji
You should, with much more humid climate in Mumbai. Last year I could see a few shrivelled flowers. This year I was more lucky to find good blooms. You have to be on lookout, the flowering period lasts few day in April in Delhi.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Rashida Atthar

Jul 29, 2010, 11:20:19 AM7/29/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes I will, thank you for the info. of the exact timing of flowering in Delhi. I suppose it may be a few days earlier in Mumbai or later ?

regards,
Rashida.

tanay bose

Jul 29, 2010, 11:27:26 AM7/29/10
to Rashida Atthar, Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Lovely pictures the flowers look just awesome!!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)