Posted in 2014 and 2015- published in 2019

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2021, 12:58:11 PM5/28/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, surajitkoley
Dear members,
This species was posted in 2014 and 2015 by Sawmliana ji as per details at  MSJune,2015/06 Araceae and Alocasia sp. for ID (Araceae)
Finally it was recently identified by Surajit ji as Colocasia mannii and validated later by Rajib Gogoi ji, as per details herein.

A paper was published on this species in 2019 as per details:
Taxonomic identity and Lectotypification of Colocasia mannii (Araceae), a Little Known Species from Northeast India- Rajib Gogoi, Souravjyoti Borah, Jatindra Sarma-  Nelumbo Vol 61, No 1 (2019) (Abstract- Taxonomic identity and rediscovery of Colocasia mannii Hook.f., a little-known species from the Eastern Himalaya, India are discussed in the paper. The updated description of the species along with illustration and its ethnobotanical uses is also provided. The name C. mannii is also lectotypified here.)

As per this paper, thai species was never recollected or mentioned in any literature since its type collection almost a century ago.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2021, 1:40:49 PM5/28/21
to efloraofindia

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

May 29, 2021, 3:44:05 AM5/29/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana
Thank you Sir, for the information.
I couldn't find the paper, instead I copied from a PhD thesis (Hosne Ara) from Bangladesh, featuring description (no pic or graphics) of this species and others.

Regards
surajit

I don't have money to replace my keypad right now
Specially, key 'B', 'N' and 'Y' refuse to feel my touch!!!