Amoora rohitaka

satish phadke

Mar 11, 2008, 12:51:59 PM3/11/08
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Tree and fruits of Amoora rohitaka.Meliaceae
Pune Maharashtra.An avenue tree at many places
--
Dr. Satish Phadke
Amoora Rohitaka.jpg

satish phadke

Mar 11, 2008, 12:56:17 PM3/11/08
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Sorry for large size image.Adding another one.
--
Dr. Satish Phadke
Amoora Rohitaka2.jpg

Mar 15, 2008, 2:23:38 AM3/15/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful tree, thanks Dr.Phadke. This tree (Rohitak) is used in homeopathy, as found after googling.

Regards,
~ Jai

Vasant Barve

Mar 16, 2008, 11:42:13 PM3/16/08
to J, indian...@googlegroups.com
In Bangalore we many of these as road side trees. You can spot one in front of Sony show room in Indira nagar

Barve

--
Dr. Vasant Barve
# 9 Sneha Nagar 1st Cross, Amrutahalli, Main

Satish Phadke

Oct 10, 2009, 7:11:37 AM10/10/09
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Today I had a chance to observe and capture flowers of this tree 10 Oct09
Amoora Rohitaka.
Satish Phadke

2008/3/11 satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
35s.jpg

Satish Phadke

Oct 10, 2009, 7:17:44 AM10/10/09
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Synonym :Aphanamixis polystachya
I don't know which is the currently accepted name.
Importantly it is an evergreen tree so planted by roadside in cities.
Looks beautiful due to its dark green foliage.

2009/10/10 Satish Phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Swagat

Oct 10, 2009, 7:26:57 AM10/10/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Dear all,

'Amoora Rohituka' is called 'Raktarohida' 'रक्‍तरोहिडा' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568

Dr Santhosh Kumar

Oct 10, 2009, 10:52:35 AM10/10/09
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Sathish Ji,

Aphanamixis polystachya (Wallich) Parker is the correct name for this taxon.

Santhosh

2009/10/10 Satish Phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>

--
SANTHOSH
Dr. E.S. Santhosh Kumar
Tropical BOtanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala
India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com