Swamy/New series/ID/7 - ID of the plant Gentiana sps.

M Swamy

May 4, 2021, 7:35:50 AM5/4/21
to efloraofindia
Dear members,
Please ID the plant growing on a foot bath in Chennai.  Photographed on  1st May.
The suggested ID :  Gentiana species ( G. alba )  ???

IMG-20210503-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20210503-WA0020 (2).jpg
IMG-20210503-WA0020.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 4, 2021, 12:29:30 PM5/4/21
to efloraofindia
Seems you're right Swamy Ji,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 05/04/21, 09:57:46 PM

Saroj Kasaju

May 5, 2021, 1:34:30 AM5/5/21
to efloraindia
Rhododendron mucronatum (Blume) G. Don !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Mahadeswara

May 6, 2021, 12:03:50 AM5/6/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks  Saroj ji  ji.   As far as my knowledge goes no Rhododendron  species is reported in this area  (sea level) . The images in the NET do not match with the suggested ID.  R.mucronatum grows at higher levels (2800 M above sea level) .  However,    I will recheck / re-examine.

Saroj Kasaju

May 6, 2021, 12:24:49 AM5/6/21
to efloraindia
Some Azalea may be ???
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2021, 5:36:14 AM5/11/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Swamy, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I think something else.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 11, 2021, 5:38:42 AM5/11/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Swamy, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I think something from Acanthaceae
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

May 11, 2021, 6:19:40 AM5/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Swamy, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Is it possible to take close-ups of flower and leaf ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

May 17, 2021, 5:15:04 AM5/17/21
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Seems you're right Swamy Ji,- from Paradesi ji

Rhododendron mucronatum (Blume) G. Don !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Thanks  Saroj ji  ji.   As far as my knowledge goes no Rhododendron  species is reported in this area  (sea level) . The images in the NET do not match with the suggested ID.  R.mucronatum grows at higher levels (2800 M above sea level) .  However,    I will recheck / re-examine.  - from Mahadeswara ji

Some Azalea may be ???
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

I think something else. - from me

I think something from Acanthaceae. - from me

Is it possible to take close-ups of flower and leaf ?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg
IMG-20210503-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20210503-WA0020 (2).jpg
IMG-20210503-WA0020.jpg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 27, 2023, 7:07:08 AM2/27/23
to Saroj Kumar Kasaju, efloraindia, M Swamy
You may be right
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg