Oldenlandia stricta L (Hedyotis graminifolia) SN24221

Ponnutheerthagiri Santhan

Feb 23, 2021, 7:58:43 PM2/23/21
to efloraofindia
Wild perennial herb from coastal area near Chennai. Merging this with Oldenlandia stricta is not justified. Botanist for the sake of popularity just with few variations publishing new species. This is quite different from oldenlandia stricta. Botanists outside India just merged species without proper field observation, based on herbarium specimens. It cannot be justified.
Thanks & regards
Dr. Santhan P
Industrial R&D expert, Plant taxonomist
Author of the Book "Trees of our Life" Botany, Chemistry, Medicine
9444813474/9620389349

Hedyotis graminifolia2.jpg
Hedyotis graminifolia.jpg
Hedyotis graminifolia1.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Feb 23, 2021, 10:34:48 PM2/23/21
to efloraofindia
I too agree with you Santhan JI, these days many taxonomists doing new species enthusiastically with very minute characters and without observing ecological variations, and even they don't know the exact genus or family also.
and some others doing needfully for their indeed,
My dear all taxonomists, please don't force for new species for our needs, there are many things to do that we didn't still,
We want to standardise the heritage literature from generation to generation, not pollute.

With regards......Anjaneyulu.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 02/24/21, 08:42:09 AM