Cotoneaster affinis Lindl.

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 9, 2023, 12:09:37 PM8/9/23

Date:  08 July 2023

Aug 9, 2023, 12:09:48 PM8/9/23

Aug 9, 2023, 12:10:09 PM8/9/23

Aug 9, 2023, 12:10:17 PM8/9/23

Aug 9, 2023, 12:10:46 PM8/9/23
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg
DSC04950.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 20, 2023, 3:54:33 AM8/20/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 20, 2023, 6:15:58 AM8/20/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Observed by myself since it has been recorded in the book 'Flora of Kathmandu Valley' and
'Flora of Phulchoki and Godawari' . Besides this I have not heard of Cotoneaster hedegaardii J.Fryer & B.Hylmö
till now. I would be happy if this is Cotoneaster hedegaardii J.Fryer & B.Hylmö. However, I could not find
any record of this sp. in any books of Nepal nor any mention in the net except for POWO and CoL, which
shows this to be endemic to Nepal.

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 20, 2023, 6:17:55 AM8/20/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
Also id is not recorded in: http://www.floraofnepal.org/accountlibrary?name=Cotoneaster&rank=Genus !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2023, 11:15:25 AM9/3/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Pl. see discussions at
https://efloraofindia.com/2017/03/11/cotoneaster-hedegaardii/ as far as distribution is concerned.
What are the other species listed in the book?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2023, 11:21:33 AM9/3/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Also check with images and discussions at
https://efloraofindia.com/2015/09/08/cotoneaster-bacillaris/
This appears somewhat close.
As per POWO, Cotoneaster bacillaris is a synonym of Cotoneaster affinis.
However, Fryer & Hylmo thinks otherwise as per discussions at Cotoneaster affinis in FOI.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 3, 2023, 11:36:27 AM9/3/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia
I guess it looks matching,  which was my presentation.

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju