guess what this is

Na Bha

May 15, 2011, 10:16:43 AM5/15/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
guess what it is. Certainly not caps of the seven dwarfs.
Nalini
100_0668.JPG
100_0662.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

May 15, 2011, 10:34:33 AM5/15/11
to efloraofindia
Some Delphinium spur chopped off :P???
Pankaj

On May 15, 7:16 pm, "Na Bha" <nabha-megh...@gmx.de> wrote:
> guess what it is. Certainly not caps of the seven dwarfs.
> Nalini
>
>  100_0668.JPG
> 74KViewDownload
>
>  100_0662.JPG
> 66KViewDownload

Na Bha

May 15, 2011, 11:23:30 AM5/15/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Aquilegia caerulea blue star from my garden.
not chopped off but fallen down. I havn't seen just the spurs falling off,
when the flower is getting old.
This is from my garden in Ritterhude. Flowers fotographed yesterday (14.5)
Spurs collected and fotographed today 15.5.2011
Nalini

Gurcharan Singh

May 15, 2011, 11:23:46 AM5/15/11
to Na Bha, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Nalini ji
If Aquilegia, where is the fifth one?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

May 15, 2011, 11:58:19 AM5/15/11
to Na Bha, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Nalini ji
On a more serious note, it may not be Aquilegia caerulea in which spurs are very narrow and  up to 5 cm long. May be A. vulgaris or any other species.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Na Bha <nabha-...@gmx.de> wrote:
I don't know, i just collected them from the ground.

Na Bha

May 15, 2011, 11:35:18 AM5/15/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I don't know, i just collected them from the ground.
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I shall send more fotos in the next days, once it stops raining.

J.M. Garg

Aug 22, 2011, 1:41:25 AM8/22/11
to efloraofindia, nabha meghani, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, tab...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, aadilsh...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, a.cu...@reading.ac.uk, katarina...@emg.umu.se

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Aquilegia caerulea blue star from my garden.

not chopped off but fallen down. I havn't seen just the spurs falling off, when the flower is getting old.
This is from my garden in Ritterhude. Flowers fotographed yesterday (14.5) Spurs collected and fotographed today 15.5.2011

Nalini”

“On a more serious note, it may not be Aquilegia caerulea in which spurs are very narrow and  up to 5 cm long. May be A. vulgaris or any other species.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“I shall send more fotos in the next days, once it stops raining.
Nalini”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

100_0668.JPG
100_0662.JPG

Na Bha

Aug 22, 2011, 6:12:07 AM8/22/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, tab...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, aadilsh...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, a.cu...@reading.ac.uk, katarina...@emg.umu.se
Hallo,
these are the only fotos I have, did not measure the spur length. Sorry.
Perhaps the holding hand may give some idea about the length.
Otherwise will have to wait till next year.
But one thing is certain, the flowers change their size from year to year, depending upon the weather.
Thanks a Lot.
Nalini

�

The whole world uses my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise): http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:J.M.Garg.�You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.
For identification, learning,�discussion�& documentation�of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our�Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/�(with a species database of�more than�5000 species)

Akelei-weiss-blau-100_0677.jpg
Akelei-weiss-blau-100_0675.jpg
Akelei-weiss-blau-100_0676.jpg

Alastair Culham

Aug 22, 2011, 6:42:34 AM8/22/11
to Na Bha, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, tab...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, aadilsh...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, katarina...@emg.umu.se

This looks very like one of the many cultivated forms of Aquilegia vulgaris.

Alastair

http://www.facebook.com/PlantDiversity

guess what it is. Certainly not caps of the seven dwarfs.

Nalini

Na Bha

Aug 22, 2011, 7:46:10 AM8/22/11
to Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, tab...@gmail.com, amit...@gmail.com, prajn...@gmail.com, aadilsh...@gmail.com, mithuc...@gmail.com, katarina...@emg.umu.se
Thank you all!
Nalini