Golden Tabebuias

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Feb 25, 2010, 11:16:49 PM2/25/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Can some one clarify the names of these 2 Tabebuias which bear yellow flowers but are distinct from T. argentea? T. chrysantha and T. chrysotricha are some leads.

Tabebuia Yellow 1. Small tree 3-5 m tall; bark pale yellowish grey, rather smooth; leaves dull greyish green, rough, coriacious; flowers in globular clusters at the end of branches.

Tabebuia Yellow 2. Large tree 8-10 m tall; bark dark brown, rough; leaves shining green, smooth, membraneous; flowers larger and in fascicles along terminal branches.

Regards, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
Tabebuia_Yellow1.jpg
Tabebuia_Yellow_2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 15, 2010, 2:53:18 AM3/15/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi, Neil Soares, Kenneth Greby, Gurcharan Singh, Devendra Bhardwaj, Dinesh Valke

Forwarding again for any assistance in the matter please.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Tabebuia_Yellow1.jpg
Tabebuia_Yellow_2.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 15, 2010, 4:46:42 AM3/15/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi, Neil Soares, Kenneth Greby, Gurcharan Singh, Devendra Bhardwaj, Dinesh Valke
A reply;
"Shrikant ji
your Tabebuia yellow 1 looks like
Handroanthus chrysotrichus (Mart. ex DC.) Mattos
also check
http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/tabebuia_chrysotricha.htm for leaf image.

the second leaf could not be identified.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi"

Kenneth Greby

Mar 15, 2010, 5:30:31 PM3/15/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi, Neil Soares, Gurcharan Singh, Devendra Bhardwaj, Dinesh Valke
Possibilities but not certain:

1) T. ochracea, T. chyrsantha, maybe T. chrysotricha. (These are now all in Handroanthus, I believe)

2) T. guayacan (H. guayacan).

Decidedly, neither is T. argentea, which has longer, silvery foliage.

Not much more I'm likely to be able to add just on these two leaves.

Regards--
Ken.

to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Kenneth Greby
Resurfacing again for ID
Earlier feedback by Kenneth:

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

May 18, 2010, 11:06:56 PM5/18/10
to efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Vijayasankar Raman, Muthu Karthick, rashida atthar
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor