Re: [efloraofindia:80757] Re: Malvaceae week 952011-9112011 UD 020Bombaxceiba Lal Sheemul

formp...@yahoo.com

Sep 9, 2011, 7:27:08 AM9/9/11
to Satish Phadke, Efloraindia, Ushadi micromini
Liked the idea of merger like the caporates.
But would have preferred individual entity. They have there own characters, speciaities. Why merge?
Ayway who am I to even cast the vote infront of the gaints among the scientists? But I feel everyone should have there own space.
Madhuri
Sep 9, 2011, 7:43:37 AM9/9/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Satish Phadke, Efloraindia, Ushadi micromini
Madhuri ji

There are three major Systems of recent Systems of classification: APG III (2009), Takhtajan (2009) and Thorne (2007) who all include these under Malvaceae and this has been done after decades of search especially at DNA level, and it is advisable to follow them. If all of us use our own space then the whole process of arranging more than quarter million flowering plants would be a great mess. Same is the case with names, although name changes are headache it is sane to follow what is latest trend.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired Associate Professor, Department of Botany, SGTB Khalsa College

Satish Phadke

Sep 9, 2011, 11:14:04 AM9/9/11
to Gurcharan Singh, formp...@yahoo.com, Efloraindia, Ushadi micromini
Yes
Well said Sir.
Scientific and logical...

Ushadi micromini

Sep 9, 2011, 6:09:45 PM9/9/11
to efloraofindia

what happened to my thread? where did the origins disappear ?????

Is it possible to correct this so the continuity is maintained?
Usha di