id for Darjeeling Cucurbitaceae

Panda Subhasis Dr

Aug 13, 2023, 10:09:45 AM8/13/23
to efloraofindia
Locality: Tiger Hill, Darjeeling
Date:August 2012
Alt: 8750ft
SP140812Tiger Hill.JPG

Panda Subhasis Dr

Aug 13, 2023, 10:13:20 AM8/13/23
to efloraofindia
Locality: Senchal Forest, Darjeeling
Alt: 7600 ft
SP100812Senchal (2).JPG
SP100812Senchal (1).JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 13, 2023, 11:30:47 AM8/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Subhasis Panda, J.M. Garg
Please check Trichosanthes khasiana Kundu !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 13, 2023, 1:03:20 PM8/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Subhasis Panda, J.M. Garg
Small yellow flowers without fimbriae does not suggest Trichosanthes, more like a wild form of Cucumis melo.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Panda Subhasis Dr

Aug 13, 2023, 1:06:03 PM8/13/23
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you sir for your id assistance

Rajat Thakuri

Aug 14, 2023, 4:55:42 AM8/14/23
to efloraofindia
You can check with Herpetospermum pedunculosum sir.

Thanks & Regards
Rajat Thakuri

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 14, 2023, 5:16:30 AM8/14/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Rajat Thakuri, J.M. Garg
Leaf pattern looks different !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 15, 2023, 11:44:25 AM8/15/23
to eFloraofIndia
Herpetospermum seems a better match, although leaves are more deeply lobed in our specimen.

J.M. Garg

Aug 23, 2023, 7:14:22 AM8/23/23
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Subhasis Panda
I do not think so as per specimens of Trichosanthes khasiana in GBIF (One and two).
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2023, 12:29:34 PM9/5/23
to Saroj Kasaju, indian...@googlegroups.com, Subhasis Panda
I think it appears close to GBIF specimens (one, two and three) of Herpetospermum tonglense.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 11, 2023, 3:25:01 AM9/11/23
to efloraofindia, Subhasis, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju, Rajat Thakuri

Some earlier relevant feedback:

 Please check Trichosanthes khasiana Kundu !

Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju
Small yellow flowers without fimbriae does not suggest Trichosanthes, more like a wild form of Cucumis melo.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh

You can check with Herpetospermum pedunculosum sir.
Thanks & Regards
Rajat Thakuri
Leaf pattern looks different !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Herpetospermum seems a better match, although leaves are more deeply lobed in our specimen.- from Singh ji

SP140812Tiger Hill.JPG

J.M. Garg