please Id this white crinum

dimple bhati

Apr 11, 2010, 11:51:14 PM4/11/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This white crinum grows wild in Kanha national park in month of May along with Crinum latifolium as you can see in one of the picture indiantreepix.jpg2. It mostly grows on slightly hilly parts & platau of the park.
indiantreepix.jpg
indiantreepix.jpg2.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 12, 2010, 12:25:31 AM4/12/10
to dimple bhati, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dimple Ji,
can this plant be Crinum asiaticum??
Regards
Tanay

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 9:21 AM, dimple bhati <whi...@gmail.com> wrote:
This white crinum grows wild in Kanha national park in month of May along with Crinum latifolium as you can see in one of the picture indiantreepix.jpg2. It mostly grows on slightly hilly parts & platau of the park.

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Tabish

Apr 12, 2010, 12:47:12 AM4/12/10
to efloraofindia
Very interesting plant! Nothing like I have seen before. Doesn't look
like *Crinum asiaticum* to me.
- Tabish

>  indiantreepix.jpg
> 350KViewDownload
>
>  indiantreepix.jpg2.jpg
> 215KViewDownload

Tabish

Apr 12, 2010, 12:51:30 AM4/12/10
to efloraofindia
Actually the flowers look like Crinum powellii, but I wonder why that
plant would be Kanha.
- Tabish

Prashant awale

Apr 12, 2010, 3:15:08 AM4/12/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Dear Tabish,
Refering to Pink stipped flower photo (indiantreepix.jpg2)-- This looks like Crinum latifolium , i.e. Pink Stripped Trumpet lilly. I had come across this at Pench Tiger Reserve, MP.
regards
Prashant

Tabish

Apr 12, 2010, 3:34:59 AM4/12/10
to efloraofindia
Yes Prashant,
You probably missed that in Dimple's original post she mentions the
pink one as Crinum latifolium.
- Tabish

On Apr 12, 12:15 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Tabish,
> Refering to Pink stipped flower photo (indiantreepix.jpg2)-- This looks like

> *Crinum latifolium* , i.e. Pink Stripped Trumpet lilly. I had come across

> this at Pench Tiger Reserve, MP.
> regards
> Prashant

> * *

> On 4/12/10, Tabish <tabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Actually the flowers look like Crinum powellii, but I wonder why that
> > plant would be Kanha.
> >    - Tabish
>
> > On Apr 12, 9:47 am, Tabish <tabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Very interesting plant! Nothing like I have seen before. Doesn't look
> > > like *Crinum asiaticum* to me.
> > >    - Tabish

> > along
> > the

> > --

> > indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Satish Chile

Apr 12, 2010, 4:37:17 AM4/12/10
to Prashant awale, Tabish, efloraofindia
Dear Prashant,
You are right I'm posted in Seoni just 27 KM awy from Pench National Park. This plant is very much there and forest staff introduced me with the same name Crinum latifolium. Although I did not validate it. This time it reminded me. I think ur right.
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

R. Vijayasankar

Apr 12, 2010, 9:25:46 PM4/12/10
to Satish Chile, Prashant awale, Tabish, efloraofindia
Could it be a variation of Crinum latifolium or an escape of Crinum powellii hybrid? http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/CrinumHybridsWhiteTwo
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
National Center for Natural Products Research,
The University of Mississippi,
Oxford, MS-38677, USA.

Gurcharan Singh

May 5, 2010, 12:03:38 AM5/5/10
to efloraofindia, dimple bhati, TANAY BOSE, Vijayasankar Raman, Prashant awale, Tabish
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Tabish ji...............................Crinum powellii
Prashant ji............................Crinum latifolium
Vijayasankar ji......................Could it be a variation of Crinum latifolium or an escape of Crinum powellii hybrid?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

indiantreepix.jpg
indiantreepix.jpg2.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 25, 2010, 4:30:09 AM5/25/10
to efloraofindia, tanay bose, dimple bhati, Vijayasankar Raman, Prashant awale, Satish Chile

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Could it be a variation of Crinum latifolium or an escape of Crinum powellii hybrid? http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/CrinumHybridsWhiteTwo” from Vijayasankar ji.

This white crinum grows wild in Kanha national park in month of May along with Crinum latifolium as you can see in one of the picture indiantreepix.jpg2. It mostly grows on slightly hilly parts & platau of the park.

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
indiantreepix.jpg
indiantreepix.jpg2.jpg