tree for id

1 view

Padmanabhan Geetha

Nov 17, 2008, 7:07:33 AM11/17/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone
this is from Valsad, Atul campus.Flowering in March
Fabaceae for sure.

geetha
Is this Dalbergia sp inflo.jpg
Is this Dalbergia sp flower.jpg
Is this Dalbergia sp.jpg

Neil Soares

Nov 17, 2008, 7:58:25 AM11/17/08
to Padmanabhan Geetha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geetha,
   It is Dalbergia sissoo locally called Shisham.
              With regards,
                 Neil Soares.

J.M. Garg

Nov 17, 2008, 8:26:51 AM11/17/08
to drneil...@yahoo.com, Padmanabhan Geetha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Neil ji,
From Indiantreepix Database:
Dalbergia sissoo Fabaceae Shisham, Sissoo, Sisu, Indian Rosewood, Bombay blackwood, Tali, Shewa  Flowering now (6/3/08) in Kolkata- on 10/3/07 last year- J.M.Garg. Started flowering here also in Pune Maharashtra- 8/3/08- Satish ji. Flowering in Delhi- 19/3/08- Rita ji. Trees of Delhi- Flowers in Mid March, lasting only a short time. Dalbergia sissoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Yazdy Palia

Nov 17, 2008, 1:09:46 PM11/17/08
to Padmanabhan Geetha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,
I have seen these trees at the farm of my late uncle at Kamshet. The
locals would call it Sheesham. To me it appeared a little like the
Rose wood trees that we have here in Wynad but there were slight
differences. The leaves were slightly different, the size of the trees
were worlds apart, even the bean formation were of slightly different
shape and size.
I was always wondering if they were the same. Thanks to Gargji, I now
learn that it is indeed the same. However, the tree has evolved
slightly different in the two different areas. Indeed we must salute
nature.
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Padmanabhan Geetha

Nov 19, 2008, 5:07:05 AM11/19/08
to J.M. Garg, drneil...@yahoo.com, indian...@googlegroups.com, vvgha...@dataone.in
Dear Experts
thank you very much for the info. the Atul campus has several of these

geetha