Request ID for 130809- Talegaon -3

Swagat

Aug 21, 2009, 1:49:10 AM8/21/09
to indiantreepix
Dear all,

Photo taken at Talegaon Dabhade, Mumbai-Pune old highway, Maharasthra.
Date- 13th Aug 2009.

Thanks in advance,

~Swagat
9223217568
----------------------------
130809-Swagat-Talegaon-3A.jpg
130809-Swagat-Talegaon-3B.jpg
130809-Swagat-Talegaon-3C.jpg

Prashant awale

Aug 21, 2009, 2:38:27 AM8/21/09
to Swagat, indiantreepix
 Dear Swagat,

This looks like buds of  Clerodendrum serratum       (Verbenaceae  family) .
best wishes
Prashant

Swagat

Aug 21, 2009, 7:21:02 AM8/21/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Prashantji,

~Swagat
9223217568

Pankaj Oudhia

Aug 21, 2009, 8:15:19 AM8/21/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Swagat,

Beetle on second photograph is Blister beetle Zonabris sp. These are
flower eaters. Looks beautiful but very dangerous. Its toxic secretion
produces blisters in skin. That is why it is known as Blister beetle.

Pankaj Oudhia

Satish Phadke

Aug 21, 2009, 9:39:41 AM8/21/09
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pankaj ji for the additional info about the beetle. These beetles are commonly observed during this season around Pune.
Dr Phadke

2009/8/21 Pankaj Oudhia <pankaj...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Swagat

Aug 21, 2009, 10:15:13 AM8/21/09
to Pankaj Oudhia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Pankaj ji to share very interesting facts about the Blister beetle.

Regards,
~Swagat
9223217568