Close up of leaves of the strangler and the parent tree sent earlier

Yazdy Palia

May 31, 2010, 9:24:12 AM5/31/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com, giby.ku...@gmail.com
Dear Friends,
Have just copied the mail sent by Giby. Am now sending the copies of
the leaves as requested by Mr. Giby.
Regards
Yazdy.
The leaves are not clear for either the host or the parasite please
send distinct pictures in which the leaves are clear both upper and
lower part of the leaves.
The "parasite" doesnt looks like a parasite that take food from the
host it could be a hemiepiphyte comes under the genus Ficus.

Regards
Giby

You have been sent 6 pictures.

DSCN2653.TIF
DSCN2654.TIF
DSCN2655.JPG
DSCN2656.JPG
DSCN2657.TIF
DSCN2658.TIF

DSCN2653.jpg
DSCN2654.jpg
DSCN2655.JPG
DSCN2656.JPG
DSCN2657.jpg
DSCN2658.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

May 31, 2010, 9:36:10 AM5/31/10
to Yazdy Palia, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for the pictures and the fast response to the queries. The host ( I hope the later pictures are of the hosts; no specification regarding the same) could be Bridelia retusa (Euphorbiaceae) and the parasite (please don't treat that as a parasite; it can be called as a hemi epiphyte) can be a species of Ficus (may be Ficus microcarpa?). May be others can give a better idea.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE
Royal Enclave,

Yazdy Palia

May 31, 2010, 9:39:42 AM5/31/10
to Giby Kuriakose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Giby Ji,
The larger leaves are that of the host. Thanks for correcting me, let
us call it a strangler.
Regards
Yazdy Palia

Giby Kuriakose