White Palas tree

raghu ananth

Sep 2, 2010, 2:54:31 PM9/2/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
White Palas tree,
(No flowers found during the season.)
Regional - Bili Muttuga
(Red flowering trees are known as Flame of the forest is Butea Monosperma).

The forest dept, staff in Sirsi consider these white flowering trees to be very rare (they generally say 1 in 10,000+ trees are white palas)
(Only two such trees are sighted in this forest.)

Sirsi Uttara kannada
Habitat:  Forest,
Karnataka,
Height of the tree 15-18 feet.

Regards
Raghu

DSC_6541b.jpg
DSC_6542a.jpg
DSC_6542b.jpg
Message has been deleted

Kapil Sama

Aug 3, 2013, 4:22:23 AM8/3/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
read your messages..can you provide me with details about availability of white palash tree/sapling in you region..i will be grateful..need it for research..

On Friday, 3 September 2010 13:13:16 UTC+5:30, Ushaprabha wrote:

Sapllings of white Palash were  available on payment
 in the nursary of Forest dept at Jabalpur in M.P.
Sapllings of yellow Palash were available in forest nursary of
Balaghat in M.P.
 Ushaprabha.
>  DSC_6541b.jpg
> 135KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_6542a.jpg
> 111KViewDownload
>
>  DSC_6542b.jpg
> 124KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Aug 3, 2013, 9:18:32 AM8/3/13
to Kapil Sama, efloraofindia, Raghu Ananth
Hi, Kapil ji,
You can find some more discussions on white palas at efi page: Butea monosperma

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world): http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2135 members & 1,61,500 messages on 31/7/13) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 8500 species & 1,70, 000 images).