Re: Fwd: [efloraofindia:46083] A flower for identification...Holostemma??

Neil Soares

Aug 31, 2010, 7:01:22 AM8/31/10
to efloraofindia, kiran srivastava, TANAY BOSE, Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh
Hi,
 This looks like the Tricoloured Pied Flat [Coladenia indrani] on Holostemma annulare. As pointed out by Tanay the leaves in the photograph are not of the climber. Sending one of my photographs for comparison.
                     With regards,
                       Neil Soares.

From: kiran srivastava <srivastava.jo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM
Subject: [efloraofindia:42284] A flower for identification...Holostemma??
To: indian...@googlegroups.com, Flowers of India <flowers...@gmail.com>, wildflo...@yahoogroups.com

Although the Tricoloured Pied Flat was my focus but then the flower also drew equal attention when I uploaded it on my laptop. Is the flower Holostemma ada-kodien, a creeper? Is the leaf from the same plant? Taken in Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai this morning.

Cheers,
Kiran Srivastava
Mumbai

Holostemma annaulare,Siravli,Shiri.jpg