Coralloriza trifida from Valley of Flowers National Park

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 24, 2010, 12:40:12 PM11/24/10
to pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Respected Sir, friends, researchers and students,

Please find attached herewith one of our articles on a partial
myco-heterotrophic orchid, Corallorhiza trifida which we had recorded
from Valley of Flowers National Park. This genus is represented by
around 11 species distributed worldwide and this particular species is
distributed throughout Temperate and Subarctic Northern Hemisphere. It
was found growing in close association with Betula utilis. A study on
pollination ecology as well as population genetics of the taxa can
really fetch some interesting results.

Rai, I. D., P. Kumar, R. R. Bharati, B. S. Adhikari and G. S. Rawat.
2010. Corallorhiza trifida Chatel.: a Little Known Partial
Myco-heterotrophic Orchid from the Valley of Flowers National Park,
Western Himalaya, India. Taiwania, 55 (4): 391-395.

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate