Help ID this Umbellifer

taffa...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2022, 2:01:43 AM11/27/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Members,
Please help me to ID this Umbellifer with pink flowers. It was about 2 feet tall with a rough stem because of the presence of stiff minute hairs on it (see enlarged photo of stem).It was growing in a field in Srinagar and the photos were taken a few days back.
With regards
Taffazull
PLANT 2.JPG
PLANT1.JPG
STEMMAGNIFIED.JPG
FLWR2.JPG
FLOWERN 1.JPG
PLANT0.JPG

J.M. Garg

Nov 27, 2022, 4:03:16 AM11/27/22
to efloraofindia, TAFA
Pl. check
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/06/apiaceae/
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

taffa...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2022, 4:42:10 AM11/27/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Garg ji,
Thanks for the link.
I carefully checked the photos but to my untrained eye there was none with matching pink flowers and leaves. Indeed there were very few photos with pink flowers but in them the leaf was quite different.
With regards
Taffazull

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 27, 2022, 12:46:41 PM11/27/22
to eFloraofIndia
Torilis japonica, it sometimes has pink flowers

Locate a few fruits, they will confirm

taffa...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2022, 1:05:11 PM11/27/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear Gurcharan ji
Am grateful for your help in getting the correct ID
With sincere regards
taffazull

taffa...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2022, 2:04:06 AM11/29/22
to eFloraofIndia
Am adding photos of fruits (mericarps)of Torilis japonica.
Mericarps are about 3mm long. Ribbed. Covered with bristles
Regards
Taffazull

On Sunday, November 27, 2022 at 3:12:10 PM UTC+5:30 taffa...@gmail.com wrote:
SEEDSENLARGED.JPG
SEEDS1.JPG

taffa...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2022, 2:10:10 AM11/29/22
to eFloraofIndia
Kindly read Schizocarps instead of Mericarps

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 29, 2022, 9:25:42 AM11/29/22
to eFloraofIndia
Yes dear Taffazull sahib.