Santali name(s) of Dioscorea oppositifolia L.

Dinesh Valke

Aug 16, 2022, 5:48:02 AM8/16/22
to efloraofindia, Prasanta Hembram
Dear Prasanta ji,
Please help me with the Santali name piska of Dioscorea oppositifolia L. in Ol Chiki script.
Reference: A Santali-English dictionary by A. Campbell, of the Santal mission.

Regards.
Dinesh

Prasanta Hembram

Aug 16, 2022, 8:40:32 AM8/16/22
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Respected Sir,

The Ol Chiki transcription for that plant shall be ᱯᱤᱥᱠᱟ ᱾

Thanks
regards
Prasanta Hembram

Dinesh Valke

Aug 16, 2022, 8:47:44 AM8/16/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thank you very much Prasanta ji for the prompt response.
One query: is the red coloured character part of the name ... ᱯᱤᱥᱠᱟ

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Aug 19, 2022, 3:49:41 AM8/19/22
to prasantah...@gmail.com, DineshValke, efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Prasanta Hembram

Aug 19, 2022, 4:20:01 AM8/19/22
to J.M. Garg, DineshValke, efloraofindia
Namaste sir, Sorry for the confusion, the red mark is not a part of the name. Actually it is the stop symbol (Muchad) in the Ol Chiki script just like full stop in English. Only ᱯᱤᱥᱠᱟ should be ok.

Thanks
regards
Prasanta Hembram
--
Thanks
with best regards

J.M. Garg

Aug 19, 2022, 4:20:56 AM8/19/22
to Prasanta Hembram, DineshValke, efloraofindia
Thanks, Prasanta ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Aug 19, 2022, 6:02:41 AM8/19/22
to J.M. Garg, Prasanta Hembram, efloraofindia
Thanks very very much Prasanta ji.
Confusions and mistakes add to our learning !!!!
Regards.
Dinesh