Azadirachta india

satish phadke

Mar 26, 2008, 12:06:22 PM3/26/08
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Flower of another Meliaceae member
Azadirachta india (Neem tree) showing stamenal tube.
Satish
--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/
Azadiracta1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 27, 2008, 1:45:55 AM3/27/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Lovely capture!!!
I am attaching a few pictures of its leaves, flowers & trunk, taken on 7/4/07 in Kolkata.
Here is a Wikipedia link to this tree:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neem

--
SATISFIED http://satishphadke.blogspot.com/
For my Birds, Butterflies, Trees, Lanscape pictures etc., visit  http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/J.M.Garg

satish phadke

Mar 28, 2008, 11:39:55 AM3/28/08
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Melia azadirachta flowers.(Bakana nimb in Marathi)shot at Vetal Tekdi Pune Maharashtra.oct 2005
Another Meliaceae member
Again observe the nice colourful stamenal tube
Satish

Melia A2.jpg
Melia A3.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2008, 2:07:22 AM4/1/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix
Here are a few attachments of its (Melia azadirachta or Bakain, Bakana nimb, Bead Tree, Pride of China, Nim, Margosa, Neem, Holy Tree, Indian/ Barbados/ Cape Lilac, Persian Lilac, Lilac Tree or Bastard Cedar) bark, leaves& green fruits taken June 2006 in Kolkata & ripe fruits at Roorkee, Uttarakhand in Nov.'06.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2008, 2:09:19 AM4/1/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix
Here is a good link too (Melia azadirachta or Bakain): http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/a/azadi086.html

J.M. Garg

Apr 1, 2008, 2:18:14 AM4/1/08
to satish phadke, indiantreepix
Sorry, here are the attachments.
Bakain (Melia Azadirachta) leaves & green fruit at Kolkata W IMG_8039.jpg
Bakain (Melia Azadirachta) trunk at Kolkata I IMG_8041.jpg
Indian Grey Hornbill (Ocyceros birostris) eating Bakain (Melia Azadirachta) berries at Roorkee, Uttarakhand W IMG_9016.jpg