Species Id DKV 04102010- 2

Dev Kumar

Oct 3, 2010, 2:56:26 PM10/3/10
to indiantreepix
Location
The forests near Kajligarh fort
Mhow Tehsil
Indore district
Madhya Pradesh

Species id requested please

Regards
Dev

DSC05154.JPG
DSC05161.JPG
DSC05156.JPG
DSC05160.JPG

tanay bose

Oct 3, 2010, 10:21:38 PM10/3/10
to Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
Some species of Bauhinia but can't confirm speces without a look at the flower
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Mithilesh K. Pathak

Oct 4, 2010, 12:20:57 PM10/4/10
to efloraofindia, Subir Bandyopadhyay
Dr. Subir Bandyopadhyay said this could be Bauhinia racemosa. is it
possible to have some better resolution photos please.
Mithilesh K. Pathak
>  DSC05154.JPG
> 93KViewDownload
>
>  DSC05161.JPG
> 94KViewDownload
>
>  DSC05156.JPG
> 62KViewDownload
>
>  DSC05160.JPG
> 110KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Oct 4, 2010, 12:40:54 PM10/4/10
to Mithilesh K. Pathak, efloraofindia, Subir Bandyopadhyay
Mithilesh ji / Subir ji ... it is possible that the posted query could be Bauhinia racemosa ... but a view of B. racemosa fruits ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2428166891/ looks very different from what is seen in one of the attached photos. It is possible that fruits in my photo have got distorted for some reason.

Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Oct 5, 2010, 1:35:07 PM10/5/10
to Dev Kumar, indiantreepix
Dev ji ... if you have any more photos of this plant, please post them ... the pods seem cylindrical to me ... that is intriguing.
Regards.

Dev Kumar

Oct 5, 2010, 2:03:08 PM10/5/10
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
I have two more clear images of the pods. Here they are
Regards
Dev

DSC05155.JPG
DSC05158.JPG

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2010, 5:22:17 AM10/24/10
to efloraofindia, Dev Kumar, Dr. M. K. Pathak, Dinesh Valke, Nayan Singh, Subir Bandyopadhyay, Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Dr. Subir Bandyopadhyay said this could be Bauhinia racemosa. is it

possible to have some better resolution photos please.

Mithilesh K. Pathak”

“Mithilesh ji / Subir ji ... it is possible that the posted query could be Bauhinia racemosa ... but a view of B. racemosa fruits ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/2428166891/ looks very different from what is seen in one of the attached photos. It is possible that fruits in my photo have got distorted for some reason.”

“Dev ji ... if you have any more photos of this plant, please post them ... the pods seem cylindrical to me ... that is intriguing”

"I have two more clear images of the pods. Here they are
Regards
Dev"

--
With regards,