A tree for id.

Mala Bajaj

Jan 5, 2010, 5:11:10 AM1/5/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Have seen this in Mumbai.
DSCN1939 low res.jpg
DSCN1937 low res.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jan 5, 2010, 5:16:05 AM1/5/10
to Mala Bajaj, indian...@googlegroups.com
Millingtonia hortensis ... native of Myanmar ... commonly known as: Indian cork tree, tree jasmine • Hindi: नीम चमेली neem chameli • Kannada: ಆಕಾಶ ಮಲ್ಲಿಗೆ akasha mallige, ಬಿರಟುಮರ biratumara • Konkani: आकासनिम्ब akasnimb  • Malayalam: കടെസമ് katesam • Marathi: आकाश चमेली akash chameli, बुच buch, कावळ निम्ब kaval nimb  • Oriya: ବକେନୀ bakeni, ମଚ୍ ମଚ୍ mach-mach • Tamil: கட் மல்லீ kat-malli • Telugu: కవుకీ kavuki

Regards.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Mala Bajaj <mala...@gmail.com> wrote:
Have seen this in Mumbai.

Pravin Kawale

Jan 5, 2010, 11:35:45 PM1/5/10
to Dinesh Valke, Mala Bajaj, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Close up of  Millingtonia hortensis
flowers
Thanks

--
Pravin
Millingtonia hortensis.JPG

promila chaturvedi

Jan 6, 2010, 9:04:25 AM1/6/10
to kawale...@gmail.com, Dinesh Valke, mala...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
There was an avenue of this tree on Baba Kadag singh Marg long timeback. Now State Emporia buildings have come up. I also got this fast growing tree planted on the boundry of a hotel . But MCD got them removed.  I never have an oprtunity to observe these lovely flowers. They are really very beautiful.
regards,
Promila

Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:05:45 +0530
Subject: Re: [indiantreepix:26048] A tree for id.
From: kawale...@gmail.com
To: dinesh...@gmail.com
CC: mala...@gmail.com; indian...@googlegroups.com

New Windows 7: Simplify what you do everyday. Find the right PC for you.