370 ID wild grass

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 28, 2022, 1:42:04 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild grass, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 07SEP2022, 11.20am

Habitat: wild moisture, stones on rocky misty hill, shady, wind

Plant habit: grass, erect, slender weak stem, hairy, annual

Height: 10cm

Leaves: alternate, ovate, acute, wavy, hairy, size upto:20×12mm

Flower: terminal pinnacle racemose, clustered, micro, green, non fragrant

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +FL10x
20220921135957_IMG_1408.JPG
20220921135902_IMG_1406.JPG
20220921135838_IMG_1405.JPG
20220907112308_IMG_1028.JPG
20220907112256_IMG_1027.JPG
20220907112224_IMG_1025.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 28, 2022, 1:44:56 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220921135902_IMG_1406.JPG
20220921135032_IMG_1396.JPG
20220921135311_IMG_1399.JPG
20220921135550_IMG_1401.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 28, 2022, 1:48:33 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220921140417_IMG_1415.JPG
20220921140819_IMG_1427.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 28, 2022, 1:51:35 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220921140930_IMG_1431.JPG
20220921140824_IMG_1428.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 28, 2022, 1:52:45 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing an image
20220921140837_IMG_1429.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2022, 8:53:59 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
May be from Poaceae.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

20220921135957_IMG_1408.JPG
20220921135902_IMG_1406.JPG
20220921135838_IMG_1405.JPG
20220907112308_IMG_1028.JPG
20220907112256_IMG_1027.JPG
20220907112224_IMG_1025.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2022, 8:54:17 PM9/28/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
May be from Poaceae.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 28, 2022, 11:40:14 PM9/28/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much dear Garg ji for the Genus ID, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 29, 2022, 12:02:28 AM9/29/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Pseudechinolaena polystachya (Kunth) Stapf ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 29, 2022, 12:19:01 AM9/29/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Thank you very much for the ID suggestion.
It is close to Pseudechinolaena polystachya, a very common common grass grows in low altitude, my plant also Pseudechinolaena, but rarely grows only in high altitude shady hill area and its leaves are wavy (closeup images will be provided soon) and too little. With kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 29, 2022, 12:43:30 AM9/29/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
I guess this is the only sp. having distribution in India and the elevation range is 900-2100m.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 29, 2022, 12:53:45 AM9/29/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Saroj ji,
Yes, it is grows in high altitude and very close to Pseudechinolaena polystachya, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 29, 2022, 12:59:02 AM9/29/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
OK Sam . Verify the ID.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 29, 2022, 1:44:52 AM9/29/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Ok dear Saroj ji, only a slight difference that is outer sides of both sepals are hairy, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Sep 29, 2022, 9:06:56 PM9/29/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Manoj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 30, 2022, 12:07:09 AM9/30/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Manoj ji,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 30, 2022, 6:37:04 AM9/30/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Manoj Chandran, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Thank you Manoj Ji for validating my ID !

Saroj Kasaju