Jacobaea vulgaris

Shakir ahmad (Ammatuer Taxonomist)

May 13, 2021, 1:06:53 AM5/13/21
to efloraofindia
Habit:Herb
Location:Kulgam, Jammu and Kashmir.

1620881633204.jpg
1620881633214.jpg
1620881633194.jpg

Mahadeswara

May 13, 2021, 8:16:51 AM5/13/21
to efloraofindia
Post the pictures of foliage and habit for confirmation or otherwise.

J.M. Garg

May 19, 2021, 5:39:47 AM5/19/21
to saadiks...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
Hi, Shakir ji,
Pl. post the image of the leaves and a habit image.

On Thu, 13 May 2021 at 10:36, Shakir ahmad (Ammatuer Taxonomist) <saadiks...@gmail.com> wrote:
Habit:Herb
Location:Kulgam, Jammu and Kashmir.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 27, 2021, 6:21:37 AM5/27/21
to saadiks...@gmail.com, efloraofindia
It does not have distribution in our area as per POWO.
Also difficult to say about any species with these incomplete images.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

May 27, 2021, 6:51:50 AM5/27/21
to efloraofindia

Jun 2, 2021, 8:08:38 AM6/2/21
to Shakir ahmad (Ammatuer Taxonomist), efloraofindia
Thanks, Shakir ji

On Thu, 27 May, 2021, 3:51 pm J.M. Garg, <jmg...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 6, 2021, 5:13:01 AM6/6/21
to efloraofindia
Without leaves it would be premature to accept it as J. vulgaris, a European species not recorded from Kashmir
Senecio chryanthemmoides in In FBI with 5 varies, reduced to two species in Flora of India S. laetus and S. raphanifolia are now known as Jacobaea ambigua (Western Himalayas including Kashmir) and J. raphanifolia (Eastern Himalaya Only) , respectively. We should go with J. ambigua, and confirm it when leaf images are available.

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 6, 2021, 5:43:31 AM6/6/21
to efloraindia
Senecio vulgaris L. syn : Jacobaea vulgaris (L.) Claus has got distribution in JK
but does not look like matching with the suggestion.
Could you please follow the posting rules and post images of habitat, leaves both sides,
stem, stipule  etc ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 7, 2021, 2:32:03 AM6/7/21
to efloraofindia
Saroj ji, could you please give source which gives distribution in J & K?

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 7, 2021, 2:59:08 AM6/7/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, saadiks...@gmail.com

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.42.58.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 12.42.40.png

J.M. Garg

Jun 15, 2021, 2:47:35 AM6/15/21
to saadiks...@gmail.com, efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Sakhir ji,
Do you have any more images showing other details or we close this thread for further discussions?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 17, 2021, 12:51:10 PM6/17/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, saadiks...@gmail.com, GurcharanSingh
Jun 19, 2021, 10:15:30 AM6/19/21
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com, Saroj Kasaju

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Jun 20, 2021, 2:07:39 AM6/20/21
to J.M. Garg, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com
I guess it is matching .Please compare within images and herbarium from Net, POWO and GBIF.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2021, 4:20:18 AM6/26/21
to saadiks...@gmail.com, Gurcharan Singh, Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
I think it will be Jacobaea analoga as per images and details herein.
It looks different from
Jacobaea vulgaris Gaertn. and also does not have any distribution in our area as per POWO and CoL.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2021, 5:56:25 AM6/26/21
to efloraofindia, saadiks...@gmail.com

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

School of Life sciences,Central University of Kashmir,Ganderbal, J&K, India

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 26, 2021, 12:10:26 PM6/26/21
to efloraofindia
Yes Garg ji, that is what I had written earlier, Senecio laetus of Flora of India, now known as Jacobaea analoga (I wrote J. ambigua by mistake).

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2021, 12:52:38 PM6/26/21
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, saadiks...@gmail.com
Thanks a lot, Singh ji