[efloraofindia:35507] Mussaenda glabrata

Rashida Atthar

May 21, 2010, 9:03:40 AM5/21/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Saw this white  sepaled yellow flowered Mussaenda at Shahpur, Mah., last week of April, '10. Hope species name is correct.

regards,
Rashida.

Mussaeda glabrata calyx flower .JPG
Mussaenda glabrata shrub.JPG

tanay bose

May 21, 2010, 9:23:47 AM5/21/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Can be MUSSAENDA FRONDOSA Linn.? Please correct if I am wrong!!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Rashida Atthar

May 21, 2010, 10:50:26 AM5/21/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
You may be right Tanay ji because I have doubt about the species. Shall await further validation. Thanks.

regards,
Rashida.

Gurcharan Singh

May 21, 2010, 12:43:42 PM5/21/10
to Rashida Atthar, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think M. philippica 'Aurorae'

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Rashida Atthar

May 22, 2010, 1:51:05 AM5/22/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the ID Sir. M. phillipica 'Aurorae' seems to match well.

regards,
Rashida.

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 5, 2010, 12:46:33 AM6/5/10
to efloraofindia, Rashida Atthar, TANAY BOSE, Dinesh Valke, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feedback

Me...................................Mussaenda philippica 'Aurorae'

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Mussaeda glabrata calyx flower .JPG
Mussaenda glabrata shrub.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Jun 5, 2010, 2:03:46 AM6/5/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Rashida Atthar, TANAY BOSE, Muthu Karthick, Vijayasankar Raman
... me too believe it to be Mussaenda philippica 'Aurorae'

Regards.