New leaves of Nagkesar

Abhay Tiwari

Apr 19, 2009, 11:25:28 PM4/19/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Last week I had visited to Jijamata Udyan (Rani bagh) in Byculla,Mumbai.

Found this elegant tree with dazzling pink coloured leaves at the end
of branches. Didn't know who it was. Yesterday discovered through a
book (Pradeep Krishen's Tree of Delhi) that it was Mesua Ferrea aka
Nagkesar aka Ironwood.

The book says that these are new leaves which begin as crimson red,
turn pink and finally become green.

I hope I am right in assuming that it is Mesua Ferrea?

Abhay

DSCN0308.JPG
DSCN0309.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 20, 2009, 10:52:24 AM4/20/09
to Abhay Tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Abhay ji,
I think a close-up of leaves, bark etc. & a full view of the tree may always help in final Identification.

2009/4/20 Abhay Tiwari <abha...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Abhay Tiwari

Apr 20, 2009, 1:01:30 PM4/20/09
to indiantreepix
Thank you Garg Saab. Will get those details next time I visit Rani
Bagh.

Abhay