Fruits and vegetable week: seaweed

Na Bha

Jan 12, 2011, 11:04:47 AM1/12/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hallo all,
i was under the impression, that we will be posting fotos of fruite Vegetable only from India. It seems that we all are enjoying the fruits and vegetable from all over the world.
In March 2010 I travelled in Southamerika and in Sept. 2010 in Apulien (Italy). I can send some fotos from these countries.

Here is the first one.

Seetang (G) Seaweed (E) taken at Ushuaia ( Argentina )on 21. March 2010.
In fact Seaweed is found along every coast. But this was the first time, I made fotos of it, because someone there told me that local people eat it. For more information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaweed
In Chile I watched brown seawed, dried and bundeled offered in the market but did not know it was for eating.

Ushuaia (Spanish pronunciation: [uˈswaʝa], English: /uːˈʃwaɪ.ə/) is the capital city of Tierra del Fuego Province, Argentina. It is commonly regarded as the southernmost city in the world.[3][4] Ushuaia is located in a wide bay on the southern coast of Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego, bounded on the north by the Martial mountain range and on the south by the Beagle Channel. It is the only municipality in the Department of Ushuaia, which has an area of 9,390 km2 (3,625 sq mi).

Regards
Nalini
100_5840.JPG
100_5835.JPG